Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
      Yah, it came out fantastic.

Country Flag: United States
      Did you mount up the AutoRad setup yet? Was wondering how your fitment was and how your latch lined up like you discussed in post #225. Was it necessary to fab something up to make it all work?

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Did you mount up the AutoRad setup yet? Was wondering how your fitment was and how your latch lined up like you discussed in post #225. Was it necessary to fab something up to make it all work?
      The setup assembled fine, but we did end up fabricating a bracket that adds support to the center latch area. We could have gotten by without it, but if someone really pushed down on the center or decided to sit on that area (I would straggle them if they did..lol) I wanted it to be as strong as possible.

Glad to hear that. Post up some pics when you have time. I'd love to see how it all came out!

Great choice on the wheels...
      Used to be known as 509chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Glad to hear that. Post up some pics when you have time. I'd love to see how it all came out!
      I definitely will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 214Chevy View Post
      Great choice on the wheels...
      Thanks, can't wait to see them on the car. Getting very close.

Here's a few shots of the paint work so far. I have to admit I'm way over where I wanted to be on the paint and bodywork. I hope that pit in my stomach goes away soon...lol
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Gorgeous paintwork ! Nice job!!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Looks really nice. Interested to see how autorad setup fits. Going to be test fitting mine soon.
      Doug L.
      68 RS/SS Conv. LSA/T56.
      67 RS Coupe LS2/T56 named "NutKse"

I see a lot of hood vents these days, but your are the best ever. Great job on the entire car.
      Don 67 Camaro RS/SS Texas

Quote Originally Posted by thedugan View Post
      Looks really nice. Interested to see how autorad setup fits. Going to be test fitting mine soon.
      Yup, me too - thinking about ordering from Autorad and curious about the hood latch / reinforcement and closeout panel details.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Gorgeous paintwork ! Nice job!!
      Thanks. It is going through the wet sand and buff stage now on all the parts. This has been a huge undertaking and thousands of hours, but definitely is starting to pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by thedugan View Post
      We test fitted every prior to paint and it is all perfect. That said we did have to trim the carbon fiber spliter from Anvil Auto that is going on it to clear the Autorad intracooler (did I spell that right?)
      Also had to make a bracket for the center hood support since the Autorad setup doesn't account for that. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by srode View Post
      Yup, me too - thinking about ordering from Autorad and curious about the hood latch / reinforcement and closeout panel details.
      I forgot to copy you on the above reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ430 View Post
      I see a lot of hood vents these days, but your are the best ever. Great job on the entire car.
      I really appreciate that you see the work that went into that detail. I agree that the hood vents trend is in full swing, but the execution is the key. I was so apprehensive and put a lot of effort in that detail. I wanted it to look factory on the top and bottom. No easy task, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

The bottom paint and interior epoxy are complete. Next week the body paint will be done. I'm getting excited to start the assembly on this.

Love to read about your build and it looks great. i have recent purchase a 69 body shell camaro that had no subframe or engine but all original interior parts that i am planning to build with LT4 and T-56 6 speed transmission and spec frame.
      May i ask is it the ZL1/LT4 with wet sump you use or? any beenfits with dry sump innsted of wet? And what ac system and controller are you gonna use?
      How much space do you have from firewall to engine?

I wanna build a clean build with most original look but modern edition of course And engine room i wanna hide all wire/hoses and make all easy service/maintenance access.
      I find it most helpfull to read all your great work and can not wait to see it finished :D

Beautiful job on the floor and underneath. I can't wait to see the body in color.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Country Flag: New Zealand
      nice build!decided on wheel/tires yet?regards

Quote Originally Posted by Catste View Post
      Love to read about your build and it looks great. i have recent purchase a 69 body shell camaro that had no subframe or engine but all original interior parts that i am planning to build with LT4 and T-56 6 speed transmission and spec frame.
      May i ask is it the ZL1/LT4 with wet sump you use or? any beenfits with dry sump innsted of wet? And what ac system and controller are you gonna use?
      How much space do you have from firewall to engine?

I wanna build a clean build with most original look but modern edition of course And engine room i wanna hide all wire/hoses and make all easy service/maintenance access.
      I find it most helpfull to read all your great work and can not wait to see it finished :D
      Sorry for the late reply, had Covid....arrived

The main difference between wet and dry is hard track driving where you could starve the engin for oil. I've tracked cars with this setup and never had an issue. Also I did not want to have a separate oil Reservoir to contend with.

I'm using the Restomod Air unit with there custom controls. The space is about 2" of firewall clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Beautiful job on the floor and underneath. I can't wait to see the body in color.
      I should be able to post up some pictures of the body in color later today. It looks amazing. Have all the wet sanding and buffing just about done.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com