Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      335 Michelin super sport??
      What he said.

335/30/20?

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      335 Michelin super sport??
      Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      What he said.

335/30/20?

-Dale
      Nice Job Guys!!

Rear 335/30/20
      Front 275/35/19

Love the build process. The spec chassis is awesome for sure. i was at Memphis for the F Body Nationals last two years. Show was slow and not all that supported by the Community. I hope it continues to grow. That being said I saw the spec chassis at the show. Walked around contemplating a purchase and came back to the Roadster Shop Booth and they had sold it and the guy had already loaded it up. I was sick to my stomach becaus I had already made my mind up.
      So then I hit the forum and wound up Finding a Speedtech Complete front Sub and bought it. Few months later found a Torque Arm Complete and powder coated Black. So I snagged it up. I dont regret it as the Speedtech gear is excellent quality just as the Roadster Shop is.
      Good luck to you and your son on the Build. Iam excited for you guys enjoy.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Love the build process. The spec chassis is awesome for sure. i was at Memphis for the F Body Nationals last two years. Show was slow and not all that supported by the Community. I hope it continues to grow. That being said I saw the spec chassis at the show. Walked around contemplating a purchase and came back to the Roadster Shop Booth and they had sold it and the guy had already loaded it up. I was sick to my stomach becaus I had already made my mind up.
      So then I hit the forum and wound up Finding a Speedtech Complete front Sub and bought it. Few months later found a Torque Arm Complete and powder coated Black. So I snagged it up. I dont regret it as the Speedtech gear is excellent quality just as the Roadster Shop is.
      Good luck to you and your son on the Build. Iam excited for you guys enjoy.
      Thanks. Can't wait to get it on the road. Making progress, slow and steady. Got the front firewall removed and test fitted the new one. I'll weld it in before replacing the upper cowl and dash sections. Hopefully get all that done over the weekend.

Name:  20190320_133253.jpg
Views: 1750
Size:  174.6 KB

Made some real progress today. Front firewall, cowl, and dash are in. Now I just need to finish the Drivers side floor patches and rear quarters and floor mini tub. Lol...that's a lot.

Name:  20190322_172857.jpg
Views: 1729
Size:  170.4 KB

Let my son use the plasma cutter to salvage the cowl VIN. We are going to make a keychain tag out of it.

Name:  20190322_172543.jpg
Views: 1731
Size:  158.3 KB

It looks like he did a great job with it! nice progress.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Did the dash overlap panel. Plan on deleting the glovebox an ash tray delete and doing something different....

Name:  20190322_200822.jpg
Views: 1702
Size:  112.1 KB

This is where the Cowl VIN used to be.��

Name:  20190322_201129.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  90.0 KB

Also test fitted the hydroboost unit.

Update.

So I've been making great progress on the build yet I've had a lot going on behind the scenes. My current house has a 1200 square foot main garage in a 675 square foot secondary garage attached together. I build out of the 1200sq ft one.

Name:  100154210_0_Y2UrbA_l.jpeg
Views: 1651
Size:  115.7 KB

I live in what most would classify as a very nice neighborhood with amenities like a pool clubhouse and kayak launch to the intercoastal waterway. however as with a small HOA neighborhood there's a lot of drama and people seem to get in everyone's business. I stay out of it and keep my head down. However over the four years since I've built my home I've received numerous emails and letters from the HOA complaining about stupid crap like my son making a small plywood ramp for his skateboard in the driveway and leaving it out overnight.

An opportunity for a house with 8 acres 5 minutes away from where I live now came up for sale so I decided to buy it. We close April 8th. My current house is under contract and should close end of April.

With all that being said, this leave me with the ability to build a new 2500 detached shop on my new property. I would like to get some feedback from you on ideas for the build as this is where the Camaro will eventually be completed. I am on a budget so don't go to crazy with ideas��

I meet with the architect tomorrow to go over a plan.

Details:

Approximately 50'x50'

200Amp service

Will move my 2 post lift from current garage.

The center door will fit my camper or RV in future.

I will put a bathroom in the left bay towards the back

Plan on being able to spray. So probably plastic walls.

Your thoughts.......?

This is a rough idea of how the outside will look. Not to scale and the center door would be 14'h and the side doors 8' h.
      Name:  Garage idea.jpg
Views: 1647
Size:  666.9 KB

I was thinking about putting in some transom windows up high for natural light as well as a few skylights.

Name:  Garage idea floor plan.jpg
Views: 1640
Size:  78.9 KB

Looks great.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Great progress! I love this build. I'm curious why don't you just graft in that piece rather than make a keychain? I know that places like NY, the cowl VIN is something that could potentially be checked during an inspection.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

I suggest you check out garagejournal.com

Lots of great info and ideas over there. And just like this site does to your wallet, that site will do the same!

Nice.
      Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Great progress! I love this build. I'm curious why don't you just graft in that piece rather than make a keychain? I know that places like NY, the cowl VIN is something that could potentially be checked during an inspection.
      Well, there's one on the passenger side cowl also. I don't see how an inspection could ask to have the windshield wipers removed, and then the cowl cover to check for this. Who would be responsible if the paint got damaged during removal of windshield wipers or the cowl? Also, if grafted in that could raise a red flag. Glad I don't live in NY

QA1 Carbon fiber ,driveshaft

So I received the QA1 Carbon fiber driveshaft today. Unfortunately ran into a problem. The form QA1 has you fill out doesn't address the fact that the 8L90 transmission needs a male end and not a female slip yoke. That being said GM provided the male end with the transmission package. Problem is it is a 1410 U Joint, not a 1350. I ordered it through Summit Racing and gave them a call. Told my story and hoped that they would be able to help me out with the fix. They have a 1350 x1410 U Joint that I can use to get this corrected. P/N YUJ1435

Summit Racing is awesome. They sent the part out today free of charge without a hassel. I love working with them!

In my hand is the GM supplied yoke. The only downside to using it is the QA1 female end is billet aluminum and saves weight.
      Name:  20190325_145337.jpg
Views: 1608
Size:  153.8 KB

The packaging was great!
      Name:  20190325_144207.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  187.5 KB

The Camaro has an official name: it will be the 69 RAGE Camaro Vote on the Logo Please. Grunge or no Grunge texture?
      Name:  RAGE v2a grunge-3.jpg
Views: 1573
Size:  13.4 KB
      Name:  RAGE v2 grunge-5_0.jpg
Views: 1573
Size:  13.0 KB
      Name:  RAGE v2a-1.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  11.9 KB
      Name:  RAGE v2-1.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  12.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      I suggest you check out garagejournal.com

Lots of great info and ideas over there. And just like this site does to your wallet, that site will do the same!
      Thanks for the heads-up!

2 for me.
      Wayne

I think logo number one is where it’s at.
      Dalton
      1979 Midengine Trans Am. “Transmarrow”
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...gine-LQ9-build

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com