Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

LSX conversion wiring harness favorite

And go! Installing a 2013 LSA 6.2 in a 1968 Camaro complete with TR6060- lots of companies out there BUT I’m seeking veteran experience! I have a Detroit Speed subframe - also looking for header choices without issues! Detroit Speed is great but I Think over priced... I do have the Detroit Speed LS mounts. I was planning on the Holley 302-3 Pan -

Thanks in advance! Any suggestions would be awesome!

I've used Speartech and Howell fuel injection harnesses with good success. I like the braided wire loom they use compared to some of the other suppliers using the plastic split loom. I typically buy the harness and ECM from the same supplier.

I have use both vendors and both have been great harnesses setups. I have use Speartech on all my LS projects and been happy with the support and help with customer add on.

I had my ls swap harness built by Swap Specialties. They're local to me so it was much more convenient and they give a decent discount to their local customers. I love how it turned out, really nice loom and had their own little fuse/relay box that only had what you need. They also can add really anything you want and customize the length of anything.

Also was on the lstech forum the other day and saw a 302-1 pan with the baffle for sale if that would work instead of the 302-3?
      https://ls1tech.com/forums/market/1913268

I have used at least 10 harnesses from Modern Vintage Systems. John is Top notch, very knowledgeable, and can build it with any feature you want. Can also integrate your AAW harness and cruise control if going that route. He answers the phone, and/or returns calls. He is on Facebook & instagram if you want to look at their work.

PSI along with Speartech are I believe the most widely used brands. The price can’t be beat for PSI many many vendors use them on their own builds/cars. I personally bought mine from PSI haven’t installed it yet but it’s great quality.

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      PSI along with Speartech are I believe the most widely used brands. The price can’t be beat for PSI many many vendors use them on their own builds/cars. I personally bought mine from PSI haven’t installed it yet but it’s great quality.
      I recently saw some pretty sketchy crimps on a PSI harness...Having said that, I have never used one, but a friend has and he didn't have any issues.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I bought a PSI harness and returned it. The engine loom didn't allow you to center it between the heads. Also they used that split plastic convoluted wire harness that looks cheap. They returned my money no questions asked.

Give BP Automotive a look, Bill builds some really great stuff...

T,

For some reason I keep seeing the 302-3 for the 6.2 .... I could call Holley! Always looking to save some money! Thanks for your thoughts and I will give them a call too. I have a little delay with the motor .... GRRRRRR

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You!

I have a buddy doing an LSA that used Jolt Systems. Looks like a nice setup, he even wired in a fused relay for the heat exchanger pump. It comes with fabric loom not plastic and firewall quick disconnect. He gets a lot of recommendations in the LSA Swap group on FB too...
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      I have a buddy doing an LSA that used Jolt Systems. Looks like a nice setup, he even wired in a fused relay for the heat exchanger pump. It comes with fabric loom not plastic and firewall quick disconnect. He gets a lot of recommendations in the LSA Swap group on FB too...
      Thank you ! I see they moved and are working on a few things

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com