Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      It's coming along very nicely. I want to ad that the original rear cab mounts were designed to move because the frame flexed so much. With the chassis you have designed, you could have a solid out rigger mount similar to the front and be good. I did something similar to your mount on my 51. If I was to do it over, I'd through the original in the dumpster. My frame is 2 x 6 and 2 x 4 rectangle tubing.
      Interesting! i was wondering why they were made that way... i would have just had to modify the mount on the floor for a regular puck style mount

4 link

Progress on the 4 link...

Name:  4 link.jpeg
Views: 340
Size:  169.6 KB
      This is the finalized design of the 4 link. The upper arms 25.2" long and are 48 degrees included angle and angled 3.5 degrees down in the front. the lower arms are 36" parallel and angled 2 degrees up in the front.

Name:  4 link 1.jpeg
Views: 315
Size:  97.8 KB
      The rod is 1.25 OD .188 wall DOM which i felt was too thin to tap directly into so i made these weld in threaded ends

Name:  4 link 2.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  98.7 KB
      this is how they will get welded in place. a big V groove to ensure they weld goes all the way through the joint and a couple spot welds.

Name:  4 link 3.jpeg
Views: 322
Size:  202.8 KB
      The links are ready to be coped and welded with the other bushing housings and the brackets are ready to be welded up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com