Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default Some Rear Suspension Progress!

    I got some work done on the rear suspension. I decided on adjuster and tubing size so i began cutting out and weld prepping the brackets. CAD makes it easy and a waterjet makes it easier!!


    Name:  65652750-F821-462E-AAF6-38CD9A2F270F.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  210.4 KB


    Name:  E5F3C148-3359-4208-A9CE-5AC09F28EE8C.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  275.3 KB
    Surface ground all the parts to get the scale off the hot rolled material. Also makes it look nice for instagram ;)


    Name:  5C2F8A52-DC98-4A18-B950-03EC0277AD1E.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  152.7 KB
    Gave all the slots and tongues .010” of clearance on either side so they fit together nicely as the waterjet doesn’t cut very square.


    Name:  EE247120-FDEE-4130-9DC8-6F1C6EBF7C80.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  256.5 KB
    Here’s the brackets so far (not welded yet). The 4 on the left fit on the frame. The 2 on the right fit on the axle for the lower links. And the upper link housing brackets still need to be designed but i need to wait until i get the axle cut so the pinion will line up with the motor.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    44
    Country Flag: United States

    Default

    Just a FYI for you, that is a 48-50 cab not a 51'. The 51-52 had two round holes for the gauges instead of the long one like yours.
    The other difference is yours has the smaller rear window, it was lengthened in 51'.
    1973 Chevelle SS in the family since 73'

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikidymac View Post
    Just a FYI for you, that is a 48-50 cab not a 51'. The 51-52 had two round holes for the gauges instead of the long one like yours.
    The other difference is yours has the smaller rear window, it was lengthened in 51'.
    Yes i know it's the previous year cab. it's VIN makes it a 51. to the best of my knowledge the cab is original to the truck, so i wonder what was going on in the ford factory!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    sw Kansas
    Posts
    1,134
    Country Flag: United States

    Default

    Nice brackets. Technology is your friend if you have competency with it.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kennewick, WA
    Posts
    199
    Country Flag: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by travissilb View Post
    Yes i know it's the previous year cab. it's VIN makes it a 51. to the best of my knowledge the cab is original to the truck, so i wonder what was going on in the ford factory!
    Maybe an early build with a left over cab.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    sw Kansas
    Posts
    1,134
    Country Flag: United States

    Default

    Maybe someone has changed the tag on the firewall. Does that number match the one on the frame?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
    Nice brackets. Technology is your friend if you have competency with it.
    Thank you, and agreed!



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
    Maybe someone has changed the tag on the firewall. Does that number match the one on the frame?
    The number on the firewall is engraved in. And it matched the number on the glove box (which is the VIN tag) and not sure about the frame, i cut it up and junked it! Couldn’t keep it in the yard ;)


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •