Efi recommendations

1967 Gto

474ci Pontiac
      ported heads
      roller cam
      msd ignition
      9.0-1 compression
      and etc

wondering what a good semi easy install kit is good for my usage. Probably have 450hp or so. Thank you

Country Flag: United States
      Easy install, Holley Sniper or FiTech.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Efi

Im running to Edelbrock pro flow set up on my Pontiac 428. Easy set up and you set sequential efi. Name:  DFEEE38E-B2A5-4487-B14F-182AC17CF189.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  290.8 KB

What a sexy motor!

Fitech on my 455

Fitech on my 455 . Easy install with in-tank pump and LS filter/regulator set-up

Name:  20180705_211022 (2).jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  218.3 KB

I'm a huge fan of the Holley Sniper. I've done a number of these, and have yet to be disappointed. Sniper also has the ability to customize the inputs/outputs if you want to control something on the car, such as an Oil accumulator, fuel pump controller, electric water pump, etc.

Travis

Would the sniper have the same fitment as a Holley 770 street avenger. Running a tv cable that’s set up perfect and would love not to tweak that?

I've not used/installed one with a TV cable yet, but it does have provisions for both the 700R4 and 200-4r TV locations. Carb pattern is the same as all of the Holley 4150 based carbs (including the 770). Here's a screenshot of the diagram in the manual (sorry for the fuzziness):

Name:  SniperTB.jpg
Views: 1154
Size:  53.8 KB

Another vote for the FITECH on a 455. I'm really pleased with the end result of my install. It took a little bit to get it dialed in but I love it. The car is much more enjoyable to drive over the carb.

None of the tuning issues were ever a problem with the FITECH unit. The first gen FCC was an issue but if you are starting from scratch I'd go with a new tank with an integral sump and pump. No problems with the fuel injection unit though.

I prefer the Holley Terminator as everything is separated... fuel pressure reg, ECU, etc.

Keith, just wondering why would you build a 474 with ported heads and a roller cam with only 9.0:1 compression?
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Autotrend EFI tri-power, man!

That one was ran by a Dominator; but for ease, the Holley Sniper EFI is great. Let me know if you want a quote

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I've had a FiTech on my '68 SBC for about a year. Best choice for the money I've made. I always hated the fact that the SBC's were so cold natured. The longer I drive mine the better it runs.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I can’t wait to install my terminator.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

MSIII is going on my Hemi

I've installed a couple FITech units over the years - owners all have positive things to say -

No experience on the sniper kit -
      1966 Chevrolet Chevelle 300 Deluxe 350 / 350 auto

1968 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed

1964 Dodge Polara 8-71 Blown 440 / 4-speed

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.4L / 5-speed

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed

I have an Fitech Go EFI 4 600 HP on my engine and I don't like it. The handheld tuner is not very easy to use and the auto learning isn't doing the job on my car (boosted). I would look at other options that are easier to program, I found that many tuners don't like the fitech either.

I've installed a couple FiTech units with good results. With a little bit of learning anybody can tune them up good. They are self learning, but I prefer to get them where I want them with the handheld and let them do small adjustments from there.

That being said, the one time I needed help from customer service I did not have a good experience, with other people online having the same results. For that reason I am going to try the Holley Sniper next time I do an EFI swap. Never had an issue with Holley customer service, perks of a big company.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

I notice no one recommends the EZ EFI. I am finally getting to mine and it has given me issues. Car will not start after the initial tune and smells like gas. I am in the process of isolating the wires and connections. Am I possibly in for a bad ride?
      1970RS Camaro
      Lateral Dynamics, Wilwood, BOZE, Strange Engineering, Alston, Ride Tech, Gen II, FAST.
      Dave Cozzi

I have been running the MSD Atomic throttle body EFI for about five years and have had zero regrets.

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com