Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New here...and starting a 59 Corvette build..

Hi guys, from the MS gulf coast..and about to start my first true PT build on a 59 Vette..I've done quite a few restorations and built several 30s hotrods and 1st Gen Camaros and early vettes, but this will be my first attempt at an all out protour build. Basic plans for the 59 are a chassis swap ( Likely Art Morrison or roadster shop chassis) LS3/L99 with a 6L80, C6 front suspension or RS spindles with wilwoods...a few things I haven't decided on..like the rear suspension (IRS or solid axle) and tire sizes..I don't mind tubbing the car but want to try to keep the trunk a trunk...Right now I'm still doing my research and that's also why I'm here..Comments and advise welcome now, and during the build...
      Thanks!
      Mike

Any progress now? I can't believe no one replied to this AT ALL ....

Country Flag: United States
      I'm curious as well. I had a 56 Vette I regretably sold several years ago. Thought about getting another.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Wow, that was a sucky "welcome" he got! Would love to see what progress he's made.

Wowza. A '59 Vette build and not a single comment, wish I'd seen this, love me '59's. Maybe he'll come back with some updates...

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome here! I agree this welcome slipped through the cracks. Looks like your going to have your hands full, but most do. Looking forward to your progress, and keep sending in those pictures of your build.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com