Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Just another quick little video from yesterday. I'll some longer ones once I get a mount for the gobro. Im still blown away at how fast this engine winds up.

Project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ouring-Project
      IG - @tc_chevelle

Finally got around to getting the Aldan Coil Overs put on. And popped a tablet in place of the 3.5" display. Pretty much done with things for the year. Just going to enjoy it now.

IG - @tc_chevelle

At some point, you have to stop working and enjoy them for a while! I just need the temps to drop a bit for me to do that haha
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Quote Originally Posted by WallaceMFG View Post
      At some point, you have to stop working and enjoy them for a while! I just need the temps to drop a bit for me to do that haha
      I have to keep telling myself that! I had mine apart for 6 months for a major round of upgrades after buying it last summer. All things that made the car better to drive - brakes, T56, power steering, exhaust, engine clean up and resealing plus a few minor changes. It was a thrash. And you get used the the process of moving things along, scheduling and sourcing the next task on the list, etc. Constant build mode. Then it's done and I don't know what to do with my spare time and energy! Ha! And yes - drive it is the key. So far I've put 300 miles on mine since getting back on the road 2 months ago. Need to step that up now that all the initial teething issues have been addressed and it's working well.

I bought a similar car - good resto-mod car, nice paint, good stock interior, some suspension done but more of a drag race orientation.

And now that mine is together I'm already plotting the next upgrade. Driven mainly by the fact I'd like to get matching brakes on the car - similar to your motivation. And to do that requires an update to a 9", which is good because I need a bit more gear now anyway and a 4th gen 10 bolt is a time bomb behind 520hp. And of course while that's out it's time to upgrade the rear suspension right?

Things tend to snowball...

Cool car - enjoy it this summer! We are having some fantastic hot rod driving weather out here in northern CA - low 80's and cool evenings. Love it.
      I need to resist the temptation to dig into the next project until well into the fall if I can manage it! Just drive and enjoy the car for awhile.

I need to ramp up on some house projects to keep me otherwise occupied!
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Country Flag: Canada
      One nice thing about living where theres a actual winter .. drive in summer .. build in winter . In California December 27th isnt winter .. it's just tuesday
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      One nice thing about living where theres a actual winter .. drive in summer .. build in winter . In California December 27th isnt winter .. it's just tuesday
      Well - more true in LA than northern CA. We had a pretty cold and wet winter - relatively speaking. Certainly wasn't driving the hot rod weather from December to March this past winter. I mean sure - it's not Ontario...
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Me and the fam are at the point where we're either going to build a sweet shop next to the house or move. We've been waffling about this for a few months now. It's almost too late to get started on a shop. Either way, we need to get to it. Once that happens, this thread will be updated with pic of the car torn completely down to nothing and rebuilt to done done. Then I'll buy and start the next project.

Maybe.
      IG - @tc_chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by Barrrf View Post
      Me and the fam are at the point where we're either going to build a sweet shop next to the house or move. We've been waffling about this for a few months now. It's almost too late to get started on a shop. Either way, we need to get to it. Once that happens, this thread will be updated with pic of the car torn completely down to nothing and rebuilt to done done. Then I'll buy and start the next project.

Maybe.
      Tearing a car can take a long time. Beware of scope creep!!!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Tearing a car can take a long time. Beware of scope creep!!!

Andrew
      Word. The job that pays my bills is Project/Construction Manager for wind parks. I've got a little experience with scope creep.

This car needs torn apart. The frame needs work and stiffening. Etc etc. I'll try not to let it get away from me, but I said the same thing when I started building the LS.

IG - @tc_chevelle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com