Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

New Hooker Blackheart LS-swap header back exhaust

Hey Folks, Has anyone done any research on this exhaust coming out from Holley?
      HOOKER BLACKHEART LS SWAP HEADER-BACK EXHAUST

1967-1969 1st Gen GM F-Body 3" 304SS LS Exhaust w/X-Pipe and Mufflers without Resonator, For use with DSE (Detroit Speed, Inc.) Subframe & Suspension
      PART# 705013109RHKR
      Looks pretty sweet! What are your thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by nickburns View Post
      Hey Folks, Has anyone done any research on this exhaust coming out from Holley?
      HOOKER BLACKHEART LS SWAP HEADER-BACK EXHAUST

1967-1969 1st Gen GM F-Body 3" 304SS LS Exhaust w/X-Pipe and Mufflers without Resonator, For use with DSE (Detroit Speed, Inc.) Subframe & Suspension
      PART# 705013109RHKR
      Looks pretty sweet! What are your thoughts??
      I don't have direct experience, but many people on other forums seem to really like the fit. One point to consider is that exhaust is made to work with the entire Holley swap system, mounts, headers, etc...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

If it fits as well as the A body kit does, you should be in good shape. I did use their mid length headers in my application also.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I have the Blackheart LS swap headers in stainless from Holley in a 69 Firebird convertible with a 2004 GTO LS1 along with their engine mounts, these are the mid length units and the fit, form and function is all of what one could ask, very well engineered. Sub frame is stock with DSE upper and lower A arms, 2" lowering springs. Very pleased with my purchase.

My header back system is Flowmaster w/single crossflow muffler, 2-1/2" stainless mandrel bent w/ H pipe. Nice throaty rumble and easily tolerable.

Tim john---

Looking at the installation instructions, you will have to modify (cut two holes) in your trunk to get it to fit properly.

thank you guys for the reply, it looks like its all preorder and will be out in May.... I will print out the directions now. Any other ideas please feel free to throw them at me in a PM!

I have a notched Ricks fuel tank for the mini tubs... I wonder if that would be in the way if I have to notch the truck......

Bringing this back up again. Has anyone installed this exhaust system on a first gen Camaro with DSE rear suspension. If so, how was the fit.
      Are there any other kits out there built for a DSE equipped first gen Camaro that is bolt in or at least minimal fabrication. Welding is not a problem. I would like to find something that would be minor cutting to fit then clamp and or weld together and cost less than what a custom shop would charge for a custom built exhaust system.

Quote Originally Posted by robert worl View Post
      Bringing this back up again. Has anyone installed this exhaust system on a first gen Camaro with DSE rear suspension. If so, how was the fit.
      Are there any other kits out there built for a DSE equipped first gen Camaro that is bolt in or at least minimal fabrication. Welding is not a problem. I would like to find something that would be minor cutting to fit then clamp and or weld together and cost less than what a custom shop would charge for a custom built exhaust system.
      Yes. fit is amazingly good. You will be very happy.

25 1/2" from outside to outside. Mine is a little out of round so it may be another 1/8" larger without that flattening.

Thanks, I should be getting my motor back from the shop this week. I will bolt the headers on and compare this measurement to my installation. If it’s close I will be purchasing the X-pipe from Holly then fabricate the rest of the system in 2.5” stainless to go up and over the axle.
      thanks again.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com