Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Blower Motor And Housing Removal - Can I do it without taking out my inner fenders?

I am planning to install my CAA kit this weekend in my 1969 Camaro. I'm wondering if anyone has had success removing the blower housing and blower without removing the inner fender?

If not, is it possible to just remove the bolts from the inner fender and move it enough to get the housing out, without pulling the inner fender all the way out? That is, I've read it's a pain to remove the inner fender without removing the fender. I'm doing this by myself, and would rather not risk chipping my paint when I remove the fender. Not to mention having to take off the hood by myself.
      Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

I couldn't find a way, so I ended up pulling the fender (and inner fender) off the car. Which is also more involved than you might think since the fender extension, bumper, and griller have to come off. At least they did with the hardware on my car.

Country Flag: United States
      Yes, I have been able to. What you need to do is loosen the motor and set it aside down there with a rag to protect the fender from dings. Then you loosen the box and cut it up with tin snips. This method has always worked. No fun at all but better than pulling the inner.
      MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

And where were you three weeks ago???

That's a good tip, and I will certainly give that a try if I ever have to do this again. The area under my battery tray on my car was pitted, so this at least gave me an opportunity to replace the inner. Always a silver lining

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by AU Doc View Post
      And where were you three weeks ago???

That's a good tip, and I will certainly give that a try if I ever have to do this again. The area under my battery tray on my car was pitted, so this at least gave me an opportunity to replace the inner. Always a silver lining
      Sorry about that! This is just a process that has worked for me. I haven't done one that way in over a decade I think but, it works!! True on the inner fender though, sometimes we just need that excuse!
      Matt
      MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com