Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Does it seem like there are no attractive electric cars?

I'm sure many of you will always have a bit of gasoline in your blood. But what about your non pro-touring car? (And if your pt car is your only car I envy you because that means you are probably driving it way mor than i drive mine).

Does it seems like smart cars are only aimed at tech geeks or people who only need a car but don't want a car? What about drivers? What about those of us that want a car with some soul despite it's short commings?

Why all the gadgets? What about a stripped down electric car that doesnt have a 47" screen in the console, doesnt look like a spaceship, or doesnt require software updates. What about a car that has some styling that attracts you regardless of powerplant. Something that you can get for a reasonable price beat on, and enjoy. A car that has enough personality that people will restore them in 50 years.

I look at the options available today, and simply feel unenthused.

Anyone agree? Disagree?
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

I mentioned smart cars, I meant electric cars.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Electrics, Hybrids, and sedans in general these days are just plain boring. Aside from some exotics, and some high end cars like Aston Martins, there really aren't any cars built today that I'm in love with.

Cars like the Hellcats are cool, but I don't like the them enough to buy one. Maybe something along the lines of a Viper if I had the free cash. The cars built today just don't do it for me the way the classic muscle cars do. For me it comes down to a decision between spending the money on a new car that I like vs a 60s era muscle car that I love.

Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com