Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Help Identifying These Wheels

Can anyone positively identify these wheels with model name? I think they are probably Forgelines but if so I need to know the model and or series. Thank you!

Name:  Camaro Pro Touring.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  458.3 KB

After searching a few hundred more pics I might have an answer my own question. Possibly Forgeline GA3's?

Quote Originally Posted by DWCamaro69 View Post
      Can anyone positively identify these wheels with model name? I think they are probably Forgelines but if so I need to know the model and or series. Thank you!

Name:  Camaro Pro Touring.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  458.3 KB
      That's the VR3P. Looks like Gunmetal center with Polished outer and exposed hardware.

https://forgeline.com/wheel/vr3p/
      Mark Schetter
      Forgeline Motorsports, LLC
      Dayton, Ohio
      1-800-886-0093 x12
      [email protected]
      www.forgeline.com

Join Our Newsletter Mailing List

Thank you Mark! I will likely be ordering these soon to replace my Fesler wheels.

Mark,

Can you confirm that these are VX3C? Gunmetal centers, Polished outer and hidden hardware?

Name:  Forgeline VX3C.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  IMG_8217.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  141.5 KB Mine are GW3's - looks similar.

Yes, yours look great! So many similarities in all these Forgelines. I just need to speak to Forgeline and get an education to be able to order exactly what I want. I need to replace these Fesler's which I like but not what I want long term:

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  243.3 KB

Mark,

Can you confirm that these are VX3C? Gunmetal centers, Polished outer and hidden hardware?

Name:  Forgeline VX3C.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  90.8 KB
      VX3C yes, Polished outer yes, hidden hardware yes. But I think that is the Graphite finish on the center. See: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ne-VX3C-Wheels
      Last edited by Forgeline Wheels; 01-18-2019 at 07:01 PM.
      Mark Schetter
      Dayton, Ohio
      1-800-886-0093 x12
      [email protected]
      www.forgeline.com

I just need to speak to Forgeline and get an education to be able to order exactly what I want. I need to replace these Fesler's which I like but not what I want long term:
      Call me at 1-800-886-0093 ext 12 or email me at [email protected].

In my opinion, this is what you need to know to start the process.

1. Every wheel Forgeline wheel is custom made-to-order for each customer and each unique vehicle application and chassis configuration. So no matter what wheel you pick, we're going to engineer it and build it to work for you. We can make just about any of our wheel models to fit a 69 Camaro. The only exceptions would theoretically be the few models that were designed specifically for the Porsche centerlock (like the GT1) or the Dodge Viper 6-lug (like the GTD1-Viper). But even then, we usually offer a similar 5-lug version that would work for you (like the GT3C or GTD1 5-Lug).
      2. If you're planning to do lots of hardcore high speed track driving with the Rival S or some other aggressive tire, then we need to think a little more about load ratings. Our Performance Series and Competition Series wheels are designed with higher load ratings and should be more than adequate for any pro-touring car, even one that sees lots of track time with very sticky tires and a very aggressive driver.
      3. If the car will only see occasional high speed track duty, or if you don't plan to run such an aggressive tire, then don't lose sleep over the load ratings. Pick a wheel that you like, and we can go from there.
      4. The Concave Series wheels are designed to have a concave or dished profile in the center. This looks a little more modern. But bear in mind that the concave profile is extending outboard from the hub instead of dropping straight out to where the rim register bolts to the outer, which means that the concave spoke direction is consuming some of what would otherwise be the outer width. So holding overall width constant, a concave wheel will always have a slightly narrower outer. This is seldom an issue in the rear with a narrowed axle, but it can sometimes be a concern up front. For this reason, we offer the Concave Series wheels in both deep and shallow concave angles. So if you are a little tight on space up front, then we can go shallow up there to maintain some outer depth. (Which is exactly what this orange "Legacy" '69 Camaro on VX3Cs from Bent Metal Customs did.)
      5. Because all of our wheels are custom made-to-order, you can get any finish combination that you want. We powder coat the three piece wheels before they are assembled, so you can mix and match any finish on the center, outer, and inner. And most colors are available in matte, satin, or full gloss options. As a rule, the matte finishes have a little more texture and are therefore harder to clean (more valleys in the surface into which brake dust and grime can collect). So if you want to limit your maintenance and cleaning requirements, then maybe be thinking about satin or gloss options. You probably won't see much of the inner, once the tire is mounted and the wheel is bolted to the car. So I don't recommend spending money on any optional finish upgrades on the inner. I like to do a satin or gloss black on the inner which just blends in with the shadows.
      6. Most of our three piece wheels can be made with your choice of either exposed or hidden hardware. But there are exceptions. A few of our models (like the CF3C for example) have a pretty steep chamfer along the outside of the rim register which would preclude exposed hardware. So in those few cases, hidden hardware is the only option. Whenever we use hidden hardware, we take the extra step of installing Helicoils into the rim register so that we are not threading bolts directly into the bare aluminum.
      7. You can see thumbnails of every wheel model that we offer all on one page by using this link: https://forgeline.com/wheels-and-products/

Hope that maybe helps a little. Custom wheels aren't cheap. And the options are almost limitless, so the shopping process is a little daunting sometimes.
      Mark Schetter
      Dayton, Ohio
      1-800-886-0093 x12
      [email protected]
      www.forgeline.com

Those are the Forgeline WC3 Gunmetal center, polished hoops. Like Mark said above, all Forgeline wheels are custom made per order so you need to make sure of your fitment before placing an order.

Name:  Camaro 082.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  279.1 KB

Name:  Camaro 106sm.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  75.3 KB
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Those are the Forgeline WC3.
      The trick is to count the spokes. The WC3 and GW3 are both 8-spoke. The VR3P is a 6-spoke (designed as such so that it could work in 6-lug Dodge Viper applications).

And then to tell the difference between the WC3 and GW3, the easiest thing to look for is the I-beams along the edges of the GW3 spokes. (The WC3 was designed before we had figured out how to make the I-beams.) There is also a slight difference between how the spokes meet the rim register.
      Mark Schetter
      Dayton, Ohio
      1-800-886-0093 x12
      [email protected]
      www.forgeline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeline Wheels View Post
      The trick is to count the spokes. The WC3 and GW3 are both 8-spoke. The VR3P is a 6-spoke (designed as such so that it could work in 6-lug Dodge Viper applications).

And then to tell the difference between the WC3 and GW3, the easiest thing to look for is the I-beams along the edges of the GW3 spokes. (The WC3 was designed before we had figured out how to make the I-beams.) There is also a slight difference between how the spokes meet the rim register.
      Not being argumentative here but the WC3 has exposed bolts where the GW3 has hidden bolts. The first pic in the OPs question has exposed bolts making them WC3s same as mine.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Mark and others. Thank you for all of the information and I look forward to getting the exact Forgelines I need for my car. Mark I will contact you in the next week or two to get started. My Feslers will give me the measurements I need as they fit well and don't rub. The rears have a small spacer installed so I hope to modify backspace slightly to eliminate those. i really appreciate the info on Concave wheels. I don't like the look of front wheels that appear to have no dish and the spokes are protruding out from the wheel so that will be something to talk about. I like the front wheel to have at least a little dish to them so they match up with the rears better.

Something else that you need to take into consideration is brake caliper clearance. I have 18x10 wheels up front and in order for them to clear the brake caliper I had to order extended hubs which eliminated some of the deep dish look on the front wheels. Just sayin!
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Not being argumentative here but the WC3 has exposed bolts where the GW3 has hidden bolts. The first pic in the OPs question has exposed bolts making them WC3s same as mine.
      Most of our wheels (including the GW3) can be ordered with either exposed or hidden hardware. The only exceptions are the few wheel models that have a steep chamfer along the face of the rim register. We need a flat surface against which to mount an exposed bolt head, so an angled surface on a chamfered rim register requires a hidden fastener from behind. As long as the register has a flat surface, then we can do either.

But the WC3 and VR3P are both older designs that correspond with an era when exposed bolts were more common. And the GW3 is a newer design that was created when hidden hardware was becoming more popular. So you're certainly more likely to see WC3s and VR3Ps with exposed hardware and to see GW3s with hidden hardware. But that is a function of changing tastes over time, not design limitation.
      Mark Schetter
      Dayton, Ohio
      1-800-886-0093 x12
      [email protected]
      www.forgeline.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com