Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: LS9 T56 Swap

LS9 T56 Swap

Hello, Im installing a t56/ LS9 into my C3 vette. I was going to buy the GMPP Kit 19331083 But no one knows wen it will be available. So the Tech support with Jegs and I decided to build our own. I purchased

Gm Clutch slave cylinder
      Mcleod Clutch set up 673-6976-07M
      Quicktime Bell housing 698-RM-8020
      Stock GM LS9 flywheel
      Pilot bearing 14061685

I have 2 questions.

1. The t56 Magnum I purchased used. It was bolted to a small block chevy but came out of a wrecked C3. I bought everything from the bell housing to the driveshaft. question is I got the clutch master cylinder and throw out bearing with it. Can I just use this? or do I really need the GM one with the big spring.

2. The stock LS9 pilot bearing is much larger from the outside than the smaller GM one I bought. I cant even figure out how they expect it to fit. Can I just use the stock LS9 one if it fits? Ive attached a link of the stock ls9 pilot bearing.

Thanks in advance.

https://paceperformance.com/i-648498...1997-2019.html

Country Flag: United States
      This would be a Bowler question. They would know. Ill move this to the manual trans forum.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thank you

Country Flag: United States
      The whole pilot bearing issue can be confusing. With the set up you're using you'll likely need that smaller OD bearing that fits deeper into the crank. The best thing to do is measure your input shaft extension past the edge of the bellhousing to be sure. See the attachment for more info on LS pilot bearings.Bowler T-56_LS_Pilot_Bearing_Guide.pdf
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com