Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Quote Originally Posted by 67-LS1 View Post
      There is no need to make more noise than is necessary to make the HP you want. New cars make 700-800 HP with catalytic converters and mufflers that meet current noise requirements. And sound good.
      No reason an older car can’t do the same. IMO, only blatant, obnoxious vehicles will be ticketed.
      This is true but you are giving up power. I made 600rw through a set of GT500 mufflers. I made 685rw with no changes other than a set of magnaflow mufflers. I am not that fond of loud cars but from my experience you do cost hp by being quiet.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      This is true but you are giving up power. I made 600rw through a set of GT500 mufflers. I made 685rw with no changes other than a set of magnaflow mufflers. I am not that fond of loud cars but from my experience you do cost hp by being quiet.
      Absolutely agree. And IMO there is a difference between healthy sounding performance mufflers and obnoxious barely any muffler at all cars driving on the street.
      I love the sound of a healthy engine with open headers but not driving through town. That’s high school stuff. I live in California and have had Magnaflows and Flowmasters on a multitude of cars and Thunderheaders on my Harleys and have never had a noise citation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com