Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Pro touring classic truck

Hey guys, I’ve been kicking around the idea of trying out the pro touring style truck build or autocross. I was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas on what would be the best truck to get for this style. What I want is basically a stock frame and upgrade the suspension a little bit. I don’t want to go all out at all. Just something that handles great and I can take to the track if I decide too. Hopefully you guys can give me some ideas on what you guys would do. I have a 56 Chevy truck but I’m leaving the stock dropped axle and leaf springs in it for now, cuz I want to drive it soon. That’s a long story in its own. Basically I had a builder that was going to build it and he stole everything from me. So I just want to get the 56 going so I can drive it with my kids. So basically since I’m keeping the leaf springs that’s a no go out there. 49-54 Chevy trucks are axle as well so that’s out. 55-59 can be updated but I don’t think I want to go that route again. 60-66 is an option as well as 67-72 because they have a decent suspension and I can upgrade as I go. Any thoughts guys. Sorry about the long post. Thank you guys

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com