Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1969 Camaro with Heidts Subframe Front Tire Size

Getting ready to order tires to test fit on the front of my car. Having trouble finding what fits on a Heidts subframed 1969 Camaro. Hoping 275/35/18 will fit

Country Flag: United States
      I'm curious as well. I have their front pro g subframe on my 69 camaro with their pro g IRS as well. Getting ready to measure wheel backspacing hopefully this weekend. I personally spoke with their tech department 3 separate times trying to figure out how big of a tire I could run on the front. They are a joke up there.

Responses range from, we can't say if a 275 tire will fit or not. You don't need that wide of a front tire, I personally race and that wide of a tire will just slow you down. You only need an 8 inch wide front wheel with a 245 tire at most.

I explained the car may never see a track, but I want a specific look.

I'm hoping to run 18x10 fronts with a 275-35-18 and 19x12 rears with 345-30-19

Worried about subframe and inner fenders.

Randy @D&Z Customs told me through a pm that a 275 tire should fit on a 9 or 9.5 wheel.

I'll keep you posted on what I find out, and please keep me posted on your findings as well.

Thanks, Mark

Hmm. I ran 315s all around on a C4 road race / street car and it worked very well. I also ran 275/315 combo at times on that car. Both setups worked quite well. That’s a lighter car than most camaros and it wasn’t a super high HP motor either.
      I couldn’t imagine running 245s on that car. I guarantee that would slow it down. 275s or even 315s up front sure didn’t slow it down on a road course. The car worked quite well. Just saying.

I also raced with NASA in the CMC class in a full race 3rd gen. 3300 lbs with driver and fuel. Spec tire for that class was a 255. That wasn’t quite enough tire for that car and it made 250rwhp. Total momentum car. It was a 4wheel drift car for the most part.

245 is a joke for a car with this weight, suspension and power.
      From my rather deep experience with similar cars on a road course in group 4 and licensed road racing groups.

YMMV. But just saying.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

If your using stock inner and outer fenders anything larger than 275 will rub. You can easily mount a 275 tire in a 9” rim. You will have to measure for backspacing even for 275.

Country Flag: United States
      Rented a wheel fitment tool and had my tires 275-35-18 and they fit. We took coilovers off and jacked tire up into the fender where it looked good and no problems. We had the wheel and tire meet point where the wheel was a tad behind the front fender lip. Pretty low, not slammed. This was mocked up on the tool simulating an 18x9 front wheel.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com