Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Ireland

73 Trans Am LS3 Swap - AirCon options?

Swapping a brand new LS3 into my '73 Trans Am (AC car) and was wondering if the Vintage Air SureFit option is the best/only option?

Has anyone used this kit with a LS swap, - I'm wondering is this purely designed for the stock engine and I'll run into pulley/bracket problems etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by v8 stingray View Post
      Swapping a brand new LS3 into my '73 Trans Am (AC car) and was wondering if the Vintage Air SureFit option is the best/only option?

Has anyone used this kit with a LS swap, - I'm wondering is this purely designed for the stock engine and I'll run into pulley/bracket problems etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

The VA system itself doesn't matter what your engine is. There are brackets out there to mount an AC compressor to your LS (VA does not include them/Look to Holley), you'll be fine with the rest of the system. Im honestly not impressed with VA...I would look into Classic Auto Air.

I will be selling my Holley AC high mount bracket and compressor here soon if interested.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Country Flag: United States
      I’d be interested in the Holly high mount AC bracket for my ‘70 TA.

Sean

Unfortunately Classic Auto Air doesn’t make a kit for the second gen Firebird. They have a universal kit.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com