Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Vintage Air on a 65 Malibu SS with LT1

Im about to order a vintage air system for my 65 SS. Original AC car so im going to use the original controlls with their cable system. i just need to know which bracket to run with the compressor for the 96 LT1 stock f-body accessory bracket..its low mount but enough room for the small VA compressor. I also need the serpentine belt compressor instead of the v belt and wondering about the precut hoses.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys

Country Flag: United States
      You can run the R4 compressor or Vintage Air sells an adapter bracket for a Sanden compressor that _should_ work with your existing bracket.

Changing to a serpentine compressor is no problem when ordering.

You can order the kit with a modified hose kit, the compressor ends of the hoses will be left uncrimped and long so you can route and do what ever you need.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I used a VA system with a stock LT1 compressor with no issues. I was using the B-body bracket system so I don't know what the difference is. The only issue I had was with the fittings. It took me a while to find something that fit and it was close but it worked fine for 25000 miles. I'll look at my stuff and see if I still have any of the fittings.

Alex

Bowers Hot Rod shop also used to sell this bracket. They still list it so maybe you can check with them. I used the stock compressor as I bought a new one from Autozone with lifetime warranty. Just in case lol.

http://www.bowersrodshop.com/lt1-ac-...ategory=335901

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com