Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Front seat belt suggestions please!

I have a street driven 67 Camaro with a roll bar. Looking to install 3 pt. front seat belts. Looking for brand recommendations as well as the mounting location along the roof - hoping roll bar does not interfere.

Thanks,
      ED

Ed,
      We have seat belts that bolt into the factory locations or you
      can get them with a mounting tab to bolt to the roll bar.
      Give us a call

Billy

Billy,
      I'll give you a call this week. Did not realize you have a mounting tab for the roll bar.

Thank you.

Went with 2004 Nissan 350Z convertible belts in my 71 442 Convertible and attached to roll bar. Really happy with how they turned out. Used the 350Z belts because that's what my wife drives so I was able to mock everything up.

Also have 5 pt harness to swap on when door bars and cross bar are added for track days

eventually will have an enclosure built around the should harness by an interior person as I have mocked up here:

This video is long but shows the 3 pt harnesses pretty well especially at about 4:55 in:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slaGOuODRIk
      Joe Lincoln
      Lime Green 71 Olds 442 Convertible

Upgrades thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ible&highlight=

Country Flag: United States
      I have Morris Classis 3-point belts in my '69 Camaro and love them. Simple bolt-in and very comfortable; they work very well. I hated the fixed shoulder belts that came originally with the car. You can't go wrong with these.

Country Flag: United States
      Anything less than a 4point with a rollbar promotes your head hitting the bar.

If I put pipe insulation on top of an aluminum baseball bat and whack you in the head with it, I don't think that foam will help much. The 3-point above looks to be mounted far too low on the shoulder to be effective.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
      Anything less than a 4point with a rollbar promotes your head hitting the bar.

If I put pipe insulation on top of an aluminum baseball bat and whack you in the head with it, I don't think that foam will help much. The 3-point above looks to be mounted far too low on the shoulder to be effective.
      It is mounted in exactly the same location/height as the 2004 Nissan 350Z convertible. It also locks both the driver and passenger in during any cornering/braking etc. No way for a driver or passenger head to hit the main hoop bar with the 3 pt belt or the 5 pt racing harness. Now back seat passengers is a totally different story. I'm still working on that one but that's another story.
      Joe Lincoln
      Lime Green 71 Olds 442 Convertible

Upgrades thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ible&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by speED View Post
      I have a street driven 67 Camaro with a roll bar. Looking to install 3 pt. front seat belts. Looking for brand recommendations as well as the mounting location along the roof - hoping roll bar does not interfere.

Thanks,
      ED
      There should be a threaded mounting point along the roof line for a shoulder harness. I found it in my '67 Bird while replacing the headliner. The location is typical for a shoulder belt, back over the left shoulder.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Bob.

I purchased some 3 pt belts from wesco performance for my 67 fairlane which did not originally have 3 pt belts. The price was good and I am very happy with the product. They are a bit sensitive so you cant yank them out too fast.You can order them with the GM buckle so they look somewhat factory. Theres also a few other options to make them best fit your application.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Your body and belts stretch quite a lot in an impact. There's a real danger in benchmarking the geometry based on what you measured in another vehicle as you can't know everything that went into creating the geometry in question.

Last edited by JohnUlaszek; 01-19-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com