Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

No Limit Sniper IFS Subframe for 69 Camaro/Firebird

So I've tried to acquire all the information that I can about the No Limit Sniper IFS sub frame. I've read a build thread by Rob from No Limits on a 1st gen Camaro they did with their stuff. Also saw one other thread from a guy with a 67 Firebird that put one in. I've narrowed my choices down between the Speedtech Extreme and the No Limit Sniper.

Speedtech Extreme Pros:

Tried and trued with prior iterations
      ATS tall spindles
      C7 Hubs (can use Corvette brakes, more OEM parts availability, etc)
      Ron Sutton input (Seems like he's thought of/designed everything imaginable into this frame)
      SpeedTech name (quality stuff)

No Limit Sniper Pros:
      Design appears on par of better than others in class
      Coleman racing spindles with 2 inch large snout for large bearings/track oriented

The hubs are a different style so I couldn't use C6 brakes. There are of course different choices and if wanted they could do a custom setup so I could use the C6 brakes. Sounds like though their hub/bearing setup may be better than a C7 sealed hub.

Just looking for advice and perspective before I spend a BUNCH of $$$$$$$$.
      BTW, I'll be using the SpeedTech Tourque arm setup in the rear. Don't know that it would make much difference as it would work fine with the No Limit Sniper subframe. I know a lot of people say you should stick with one company for everything but I don't know that that's necessarily true.

Again, any advice, feedback, and perspective you guys can give me would be very much appreciated. I know that many of you have already been down this road that I'm just starting to go down and a little guidance would help me to make a decision that I feel good about it. I don't know if there really is a right or wrong decision, just one that I feel good about it and won't regret. Thanks!!!

Rob

Country Flag: United States
      I have installed a Speedtech Extreme subframe and I currently have a NoLimit truck frame sitting in my shop. Quality of both is excellent. The No Limit fabrication quality is exceptional, possibly the best I have seen.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either one.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

One of the things I really like are the upper control arms on the no limit subframe. stock camaro oil pan and gm accessories can be used. I know no limit did do a carbon fiber rotor package from a corvette. I willing to bet they could still get you c6 calibers to work on them. the speedtech is a nice unit too. it is a hard pick.

They are really big on “the brake man” brake systems. I’ve done a little bit of research on it and it seems like that could be the best braking system out there if what they claim is really factual and true.

I don’t think the speed tech extreme inner fenders will work with any other sub frame except their extreme sub frame. So then, I would have to modify my inner fenders to accommodate the 315 tires. No limit originally said a few years ago they were going to try to make both a fiberglass and carbonfiber inner fender well for that sub frame. I don’t think they have done it yet though. Part of me says just get the speed tech extreme subframe because I’m using the speed tech torque arm system in the rear, but the other part of me says the no limit sniper sub frame set up maybe arguably be the very best one out there. They are both really really good sub frames. I’m going to talk to the guys at no limit a little bit more and ask them about bumpsteer, their frames geometry, etc. I know that Ron Sutton and speed tech put a lot into that extreme sub frame to make the geometry about as perfect as it could be. It probably wouldn’t be that tough to modify the stock front inner fenders to accommodate the 315 tire. A little bit of cutting and welding would probably do the trick. If anybody else has any input or experience please chime in. I’m grateful for any advice as this is kind of a difficult decision.

Rob

As far as mix matching different companies stuff your main concerns are typically where the front and rear roll centers are and then getting proper shock valving and spring frequency.

Thanks CSG, I’ll find out that info and make sure they are a good match before proceeding.

Are the specs on the no limit published anywhere? I have seen DSE's and Speedtech's specs. When I purchased mine I had never heard of the no-limit one so I did not research it.

I haven’t been able to find any published specs on the No Limit Sniper. I’ll send the email over to Rob M. at No Limit and ask him.

Rob

I believe they posted suspension specs in the no limit sniper design post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71nova View Post
      I believe they posted suspension specs in the no limit sniper design post.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ghlight=Sniper

1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by chiva View Post
      So I've tried to acquire all the information that I can about the No Limit Sniper IFS sub frame. I've read a build thread by Rob from No Limits on a 1st gen Camaro they did with their stuff. Also saw one other thread from a guy with a 67 Firebird that put one in. I've narrowed my choices down between the Speedtech Extreme and the No Limit Sniper.

Speedtech Extreme Pros:

Tried and trued with prior iterations
      ATS tall spindles
      C7 Hubs (can use Corvette brakes, more OEM parts availability, etc)
      Ron Sutton input (Seems like he's thought of/designed everything imaginable into this frame)
      SpeedTech name (quality stuff)

No Limit Sniper Pros:
      Design appears on par of better than others in class
      Coleman racing spindles with 2 inch large snout for large bearings/track oriented

The hubs are a different style so I couldn't use C6 brakes. There are of course different choices and if wanted they could do a custom setup so I could use the C6 brakes. Sounds like though their hub/bearing setup may be better than a C7 sealed hub.

Just looking for advice and perspective before I spend a BUNCH of $$$$$$$$.
      BTW, I'll be using the SpeedTech Tourque arm setup in the rear. Don't know that it would make much difference as it would work fine with the No Limit Sniper subframe. I know a lot of people say you should stick with one company for everything but I don't know that that's necessarily true.

Again, any advice, feedback, and perspective you guys can give me would be very much appreciated. I know that many of you have already been down this road that I'm just starting to go down and a little guidance would help me to make a decision that I feel good about it. I don't know if there really is a right or wrong decision, just one that I feel good about it and won't regret. Thanks!!!

Rob
      I'm the one you saw with the 67 firebird...I have carbon ceramic zr1 rotors and the zr1 calipers.. they will definitely work. I did a lot of research back then and at the time I couldn't find a superior product.. I will say this... after rob started putting the coleman rack on him. the other guys followed suit.. whichever you choose, you will love that rack.. super tight.. I can nearly turn mine around in a two lane highway without spinning the rear around. I also didn't cut my inner fenders.. im running a 315 35 18 on the front. if you have other questions, let me know

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com