Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

rear seat, carpet questions and ideas needed 64 F-85

Guys, need some ideas and help with the interior on my 64 F-85. Just about finished installing Eastwood dyno-mat. Question: do I buy molded to fit carpet with or without mass-backing and jute even though I used dyno-mat? Is ACC a good choice for carpet? I need to get the rear seat foam and upholstery, is their anybody out their that makes a molded rear seat foam with or without bolsters for an F-85-the car is like a Tempest, Chevelle 300, base model cars so I am sure if they listed the parts for a base Chevelle or GTO, Tempest it will work. These rear seats are a little wider because there's no arm rests or ash trays. Thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images    
      64 F-85 post car Resto-Mod project-my RV when I retire

Country Flag: United States
      I just ordered ACC carpet with mass backing for my Impala but have not installed it yet so I can't comment on fit. Absolutely order it with the mass backing. What you have installed is damping material. This is exaggerated but it keeps your car from ringing like a gong. Mass loaded material in the ACC carpet BLOCKS sound waves. Between those two you'll need an isolation layer to keep from transmitting vibration. The ACC carpet does include that.
      There's a little more comprehensive discussion of it on an earlier thread but what I am describing is how we did the flooring for new Mercedes and BMWs.

Found it:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...and-insulation

Since it comes up a lot, I'm going to add some more detail to the end of the thread.

Great ideas on the flooring, just getting into this I did not realize how many new materials are available...thanks.

any of you guys try the stockinteriors.com products?

ACC with the MASS backing is the only way to go. Its a very nice piece. That kit with the sound deadener you installed should be enough.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Good ideas, thanks to all. Going to put some left over pieces of Dyno-mat or Frost King on the insides of the door skins and more up under the dash. I'm really looking for a very cool temp in the interior during with 100 plus degree heat in Texas or on a cruise vs. making the interior really quiet. I'm going to cover the floor and wheel wells under the rear seat, the trunk divider and package tray also using the Frost King product. Ordered more interior goodies including Ringbrother's window cranks and door handles.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com