Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Widening Quarter Trim Panel After Mini Tub - How did you do it?

Read through the forum but didn't find any definitive answers or good pics on how everyone is widening or modifying the rear quarter trim panel after mini tub. My project is a '71 Firebird, tubs are done and I have narrowed the seat frames. The original plastic panels are polypropylene by the markings on the plastic so glue and fiberglass are out. I have ordered some new OER panels that I believe to be ABS since they claim to be paintable and that material is easy to glue and additional ABS is easy to source. Also they have the potential for epoxy based glass to adhere to it if necessary. Current plan is spit down the middle and add two inches of ABS or fiberglas, finish to an acceptable level (filler, etc), re-texture and paint.

So I'm heading down a rabbit hole here and curious how others have tackled this interior trim challenge. Thanks for chiming in. Pictures appreciated.

Marc

Mini tubbed my 2nd gen Camaro and had the same issue. All I did was slide them in angled them a bit drilled new holes and no fab work needed

Country Flag: United States
      this is what i ended up doing. I then covered them with leather.
      Attached Images Attached Images            

How did that turn out when finished? Any pics?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com