Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Which ATI balancer for ls3 480 crate engine?

Looking to install an aluminum shell ATI balancer on my LS3 480 crate engine. From what I read, they have Corvette spacing, but I'm confused as to which one I need. From spacing, hub, some are for non a/c etc... I wouldn't think a/c or not would affect.

Any advice or info is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
      I would call and talk with ATI. I am running and ATI on my LSX 376, which has LS3 heads. They have a lot of options and combinations that will work depending on what you need. I am running the corvette spacing with an 8 rib overdrive shell for my Whipple supercharger. But you can change the shell and run a 6 rib standard size. It will be will worth the call to ensure you get exactly what you need. I tried to just order parts from Jegs/Summit and ended up not getting exactly what I needed the first time. Lesson learned for me

Quote Originally Posted by markaaron80 View Post
      Looking to install an aluminum shell ATI balancer on my LS3 480 crate engine. From what I read, they have Corvette spacing, but I'm confused as to which one I need. From spacing, hub, some are for non a/c etc... I wouldn't think a/c or not would affect.

Any advice or info is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Mark, what accessories do you plan to run? The only difference between AC and non AC is the addition of a ribbed pulley that sits behind the main pulley/damper. The AC belt rides on its own pulley on the crank, but AC or NOT, both dampers can be used on your engine, you just wouldn't have a belt riding on the extra pulley. The crate LS3 does come with the Corvette serpentine spacing water pump...but if you run F-body accessories, you will need the components for an F-body, to include the water pump. So...the question is "What accessories?"
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com