Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

El torro,base socal

Hi all I drove by the old base on sun,and couldn't find a way onto the air strip.
      Are autocross events still held there?
      Last Time I was there,was in 2013 when American street car series had run to the coast event.
      72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      Hi all I drove by the old base on sun,and couldn't find a way onto the air strip.
      Are autocross events still held there?
      Last Time I was there,was in 2013 when American street car series had run to the coast event.
      The only recent automotive events that I knew of were the SCCA autocrosses. The SCCA events were expected to end in 2017, but ended up continuing into 2018.

This year (2019), El Toro isn't on the SCCA schedule.

The last time I went in August 2017, the course design was limited with so little runway area remaining. It was fun having a secret raceway hidden in the middle of Orange County while it lasted. I'm afraid the Great Park development is too far along now. Even the RC airplane field has been discontinued for now.
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Bummer.
      72 chevelle.

I'm late the the party but Porsche Club still had a few events there this year. They also run in San Pedro. However, El Toro is missing so much of its runways that the course design options become limited and repetitive. No big deal if you just want to run once.

There are still tons of options and organizations running autocross in SoCal. Let me know if you have other questions.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com