Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Ohhh, I thought you were going to run a dry sump and looking for a place to mount the tank and run the lines. I was torn about the coils too. Originally I was just going to run the black valve covers from Holley where they are mounted on an angle and exposed. I thought about mounting them somewhere hidden, but never really found a clear solution that I liked. I didn't want to deal with extending the wiring for them and longer plug wires. In the end I decided to go with the 2 piece covers from Holley that hide the coils and the wiring. Got them in black with the Chevrolet script on them.

I'm going to run manual brakes for cleanliness, so can't help you there.

AC lines will run out over the passenger fender through the firewall using the pass through fitting from John at II Much. No bulkhead fittings, less fittings and less chances of a leak.

Exhaust, I'm leaning towards the headers from DSE, I'm running their subframe. I know Holley makes headers that fit too, but damn those DSE ones are nice. I'll have a shop do from the collector back.

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Ohhh, I thought you were going to run a dry sump and looking for a place to mount the tank and run the lines. I was torn about the coils too. Originally I was just going to run the black valve covers from Holley where they are mounted on an angle and exposed. I thought about mounting them somewhere hidden, but never really found a clear solution that I liked. I didn't want to deal with extending the wiring for them and longer plug wires. In the end I decided to go with the 2 piece covers from Holley that hide the coils and the wiring. Got them in black with the Chevrolet script on them.

I'm going to run manual brakes for cleanliness, so can't help you there.

AC lines will run out over the passenger fender through the firewall using the pass through fitting from John at II Much. No bulkhead fittings, less fittings and less chances of a leak.

Exhaust, I'm leaning towards the headers from DSE, I'm running their subframe. I know Holley makes headers that fit too, but damn those DSE ones are nice. I'll have a shop do from the collector back.

I like those coil covers, but I ended up buying the valve covers from the same place that made the intake, which doesn't give me that option and I wouldn't really want to hide those anyways. So, going to have to look at a remote location and have been looking at somewhere on the k member.

Exhaust, I got the stainless headers from speedtech, but not sure I want to shell out the dough for stainless from the headers back.

Well, ran into an issue that I was worried about. Was trying to use CTS-V coupe seats in my car, but the interior shop said that without significant fabrication, it isn't going to work. So, now I am on the hunt for different seats and came across some seats out of a 2018 BMW M4 that I like a lot. Now if I can only find one on a lot locally that I can go out and measure them to see if they may work. If anyone else around here has some ideas on modern style seats that also have modern amenities (power and heated), I am all ears. I just am not a huge fan of the newer Camaro seats :-\

That sucks they said that on your seats. Wife has the 2012 cts premium coupe, they are nice seats. I'm not a seat swapping expert, so I'm not sure what their big hangup is, which I'd assume is bolting the rails to the floor & I'd guess the floor sheet metal may need additional plating to safely bolt in different location.
      Probably safe to say most interior shops are not very skilled at metal fab & if it's not in your skill range, then you may be best to find someone that is. Who's to say they can mount Beamer seats in a camaro either.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      That sucks they said that on your seats. Wife has the 2012 cts premium coupe, they are nice seats. I'm not a seat swapping expert, so I'm not sure what their big hangup is, which I'd assume is bolting the rails to the floor & I'd guess the floor sheet metal may need additional plating to safely bolt in different location.
      Probably safe to say most interior shops are not very skilled at metal fab & if it's not in your skill range, then you may be best to find someone that is. Who's to say they can mount Beamer seats in a camaro either.

I am going out to pull measurements on those M4 seats today to see if they will fit and just check how comfortable they actually are. The thing I loved about thoseCTS-V seats was how comfortable they were. These are the seats I am going to check on fit today.

Name:  M4-Seat.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  101.4 KB

Those are cool, but not as fitting to me style wise as the caddy seats, which I just sat in today.
      Do you know exactly what the issue was with fitting them??

Those are cool, but not as fitting to me style wise as the caddy seats, which I just sat in today.
      Do you know exactly what the issue was with fitting them??

They were too tall, for starters. Which is why I’m looking for something that sits a little lower now, but still has modern amenities.

Ok, that makes sense. Most of these newer cars have a taller body height in general & I guess it would be hard to make them set lower with all the stuff under them. Heard of a lot of recaro cts seats being swapped into other vehicles, doesn't mean they really fir right though.
      Watching some tv show today (restoration garage) where they put procar ready to fit seats in a first gen firebird. Yea, made to fit, but pretty basic.

Wonder about any versions of 02' up vette seats? Definitely a few vettes get wrecked & parted out through vette part dealers.

Ok, that makes sense. Most of these newer cars have a taller body height in general & I guess it would be hard to make them set lower with all the stuff under them. Heard of a lot of recaro cts seats being swapped into other vehicles, doesn't mean they really fir right though.
      Watching some tv show today (restoration garage) where they put procar ready to fit seats in a first gen firebird. Yea, made to fit, but pretty basic.

Wonder about any versions of 02' up vette seats? Definitely a few vettes get wrecked & parted out through vette part dealers.
      That is what I have, the CTS-V Recaro seats. Love the seats and wished they would fit, super comfortable.

The guy that is doing my interior has thrown out ProCar seats as an option as well, but was hoping to get something that is electric. Guess we will see if these M4 seats will work and go from there.

Note to self, do not tally up receipts. OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Senek67RS View Post
      Note to self, do not tally up receipts. OUCH!
      Getting the exhaust finished and that should be done by early next week. Got the Mcleod Hydraulic Clutch to connect to the Clayton pedals, ended up swapping out the reservoir with a billet one and mounted that on the firewall. Been trying to keep the firewall as clean as possible. Need to figure out how to route the coil wires, as I am trying to keep the valve covers clean. If all goes well, we should be able to fire it in the next week and take it around the block...
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Video of the first roll out of the garage under it's own power.

Making some forward progress after life got in the way a bit (relocated to a new city). However, got some video of the car finally rolling under it's own power. Went back to interior and hoping to have that wrapped up in the next 1-1.5 months.
      Attached Files Attached Files

Always good to see them moving under their own power!

Looks like California?
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by chunger View Post
      Always good to see them moving under their own power!

Felt like the day would never come haha. Getting closer to the finish line though, just in time for rainy season haha.

Looks like California?
      Yes, I am in the Bay Area.

Name:  62932641382__E0B5DB0A-BBAF-46C6-A127-F91EC74AC178.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  320.1 KBName:  62925739310__4F6578A2-9530-430B-B580-B031EC3C00C5.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  304.6 KB

Got some pics back from the interior shop that I thought I would share. Super happy with the way things are coming together there.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Looks awesome really like the center console and the design of the seats

Very nice! That center center dash insert is awesome! Did you make that?

Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      Looks awesome really like the center console and the design of the seats

Thank you! I got the idea from the interior of an S550 color scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Very nice! That center center dash insert is awesome! Did you make that?
      I wish I could say I did, but there is an interior shop that is doing the work. The name of the shop is, DJ Designs and they do some nice work.

wow, that interior shop has some skill. I like the flow of the dash now, much better than original. what alpine head unit did you end up running and why?

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      wow, that interior shop has some skill. I like the flow of the dash now, much better than original. what alpine head unit did you end up running and why?

I ended up opting to go with the Alpine Halo11 head unit, primarily because I like the fact that it has Apple CarPlay and a modern look/ feel, but will still fit in a single din opening.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com