Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

C6 Z06 brakes dragging

I'm running a set of new c6z06 calipers and rotors on my 71 Chevelle. Everything is new, I used the kore 3 brackets and hubs for the conversion. I'm using a right hand s 10 master cylinder and willwood combination prop/ distribution valve and a dual 9 brake booster.

I'm using autozone duralast brake pads on all 4 brakes. I haven't driven the car yet except around the neighborhood but the front brakes appear to be dragging. I can still turn the front wheels by hand but I can feel the resistance when I turn the wheels. I've tried bleeding the calipers, but nothing seems to help.

What else should I check?

I always loosen the MC bolts and stick a washer in there to see if it frees up. If it does then I know I need to check the pin from the booster. Some have an adjustment. You loosen the top part of the pin and screw it in to where you need it. With all the Chinese junk that is out there sometime I just have to leave the washers in to get it where I need it. HTH.

Alex

It's my understanding is that disc brakes, especially new brake/pads, all have a slight drag to them until the pads are fully bedded in. All my disc brake equipped vehicles (67 Firebird, to bone stock F150 DD) have a very slight drag to them, when you spin the wheels by hand.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Thanks for the responses, I found the problem, I had the brackets mounted on the wrong side which resulted in the caliper not being aligned correctly. Swapped them around and everything is good now.

How do you like these brakes btw ? Did you get them from Kore3?
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by c4racer2 View Post
      How do you like these brakes btw ? Did you get them from Kore3?
      Stops on a dime. I love mine

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com