Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Cool Article In Grassroots Motorsports - 48 Hour Camaro

Over this past summer, we invited Grassroots Motorsports journo J.G. Pasterjak to sample a Pro Touring car for some perspective. We let him drive the original 48 Hour Camaro (the 1967 version). Having worked there, I can tell you that the GRM staff views first gen Camaros as "big old cars". That's not criticism. They interact with many sub 100" wheelbase, sub-3000 pound cars with "little" 15" or 16" wheels such as Miatas, Civics and Subies. Relatively speaking, a 3500 pound 108" 650HP muscle car is a beast. It was really cool for everyone involved to exchange notes. J.G is a great driver. The Camaro suffered a broken sway bar mount early on, so one of the pix shows excessive body roll. We raced it anyway. We then fixed the mount and raced some more. At SEMA, GRM publisher Tim Suddard commented that pro-touring awareness is on the rise amongst mainstream sport car enthusiasts. It's all one big happy family now. At DriveAutoX events we raced against BMWs, S2000s as well as old Porsches and pickup trucks.

Enjoy the article and subscribe.
      Steve

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/ar...s-1967-camaro/

It was awesome to have Bret give me a ride in that Camaro. I also got a ride with Mary Pozzi behind the wheel. She scared my ass off...

Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 12-14-2018 at 08:52 AM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

It's a great car! Ride Tech keeps innovating and developing their products.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

I would like to know more about the front fender flairs. Are they steel fenders and who did the body work? That is exactly how I want to flare the fenders on Dust Off so that I can mount 315 tires up front.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I would like to know more about the front fender flairs. Are they steel fenders and who did the body work? That is exactly how I want to flare the fenders on Dust Off so that I can mount 315 tires up front.
      Hi Steve,
      They are handmade by Smitty's Custom Automotive in Tiffin, OH. You can see a coupla sheetmetal fab pics in this link. HERE

I got that magazine at SEMA.
      I saw they have a chicane style upper mount now,but haven't seen it on there site.

72 chevelle.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com