Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Help design my garage space

It's time to populate the garage with cabinets and a work space.

It's a two car garage with a little over 8 feet under the rafters. I intend to add storage above the cars I also have some space in the attic.

I can't make up my mind on where to put my work space and tool box.

I need all the cabinets that I can squeeze into the garage so wall space is a premium. MotiV8r will live in the garage and the '55 will have to stay outside. I may put some kind of a canvas garage / cover on the side of the house but the both won't sleep in the garage.

The spot on the right will be for MotiV8r and the spot on the left I will keep empty for Susan's car which may have to stay outside for short periods of time if I need to put a car in the middle to work on it.

My first thought is to line the back wall with cabinets and to leave a gap in the middle for a work space and a TV on the wall. It's 12' from the door on the left into the house to the door to the right that goes to the side of the house. That space used to have three 48" wide cabinets. The storage was nice but I had not place to work.

Between the water heater and the door into the house is 5-1/2' wide. That has always been a cabinet. Maybe that should be my work space and not leave a gap for a work bench on the large back wall.

The space you see on the left that currently has a wire rack is where my toolbox has always been.

The garage isn't very deep so part of me doesn't want to put a cabinet on the back wall on the far right. This would give me more room to work in front of the car but it's a lot of wasted space for storage.

What would you do?

Help!

Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com