Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Press in ball joint replacement on GW UCAs

Hey guys, I have an email into Global West and would've called but cust support isnt open on weekends. Anyway, on my Cutlass I have the GW neg roll upper control arms and am curious if anyone has replaced the press in ball joints they have. There doesnt seem to be a lot of meat to get leverage in order to press them out. There isnt anything wrong with the ball joint I was curious if swapping to a tall ball joint would be feasible. Thanks!
      '72 Cutlass - 370" LS2 topped w/a LSA blower

Welp, just got off the phone with GW and the ball joint has a weld in retaining ring and if it needs to be replaced for any reason they recommend sending it back to them and having them do it. Plus, even if I could get the ball joint out GW doesnt have a tall ball joint they can recommend for this UCA. GW uses a Moog k6157, which is actually a lower ball joint, if anyone was curious.

Country Flag: United States

For one,

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
      Welp, just got off the phone with GW and the ball joint has a weld in retaining ring and if it needs to be replaced for any reason they recommend sending it back to them and having them do it. Plus, even if I could get the ball joint out GW doesnt have a tall ball joint they can recommend for this UCA. GW uses a Moog k6157, which is actually a lower ball joint, if anyone was curious.

Ok so the GW arms probably have engineering to fix issues and the tall ball joints would mess up their current designed in fixes.
      Make sure adding tall bj doenst completely mess up the fixed geometry. Just sayin,,,,
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Oh I know, I bit the bullet and ordered SpeedTech spindles and steering arms instead of going with stock height spindles so no need for tall ball joints now.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
      Oh I know, I bit the bullet and ordered SpeedTech spindles and steering arms instead of going with stock height spindles so no need for tall ball joints now.
      You won't regret it.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

My wallet isn't happy with me but it never is lol

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com