Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

need help, LS3 swap into 70 Camaro cranks but no start

I have a 1970 Camaro that I just put in an LS3 with 6L80 out of a 2010 Camaro SS, we had it running with the factory un modified harness and ECU for the 2010. I have sent out my harness to be turned into a stand alone harness sense last running. I have been working on this problem for 2 weeks now so this will be long and I will include as much detail as I can on what I have tried

engine cranks over but will not start. appear to have no injector pulse or spark., if I do get them it is just random. also no cam signal from cam sensor
      hooked up computer to check codes every thing seems to be there and work except cam sensor signal. I have crank signal.

What I have done
      1. changed cam and crank sensors
      2 checked wiring from ECU connector to cam connector have 5v and also ground "low ref". I have 5V on signal wire with unplugged from sensor have no Volts plugged in to sensor and nothing when cranking
      3 changed ECU "both ECU I have do have VATS removed, one is factory for motor with VATS removed, this is the one we used when we got it running on original harness. other is one I just bought VATS removed and emissions removed and also programmed for 2010 Camaro SS
      4. checked all grounds numerous times. have on main ground on front passenger side head, and then 2 small grounds on back of each head.
      5 on my injectors I have my 5v on one wire and ground on other however ground does not pulse when cranking.
      6. I sprayed starter fluid in intake and it does fire but only like one or 2 cylinders and only when I first turn key, after that it will just crank unless I let it sit for about 15 min then will fire 1-2 again. I have correct fuel pressure in rails.
      7 checked oil pressure have 60 psi when cranking.
      8 have throttle signal 28% with key on and peddle not pushed.
      9. I cut CAM sensor signal wire at ECU connector and jumped it to CRANK sensor signal wire and I had injector pulse and spark when cranking "(however obviously no start because it all wrong timing.")
      10 I have ran a new cam sensor wire external out side of harness.
      11 check to make sure 3 cam sensor wires go to correct place on sensor and ECU connector
      12 have no codes other than MAP sensor and that is because I broke it and need a new one. (dont think this will cause no start) not even code for cam sensor maybe because its not even reading it not sure.

So what I have is no cam signal, no injector pulse and not spark. ( when I do get spark or injector pulse it is just random. )

any help would be appreciated and I am willing to try any thing at this point.