Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Country Flag: Japan

1970 Buick GSX LSA SWAP

I am thinking swap of 6L90 with LSA motor in Japan. I think that 1970 buick GSX is good in the present thought, but please advice me. Which manufacturer is recommended for suspension? I also own Camaro LS 1 T 56 in 1970 and I'm wondering if it is better to change LSA to Camaro. Thank you for your guidance.

I am using google translation.Name:  IMG_6656.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  224.6 KBName:  0S7A9953.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  269.2 KBName:  0S7A9953.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  269.2 KBName:  IMG_8751.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  159.2 KBName:  IMG_8751.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  159.2 KB

Country Flag: United States
    You should probably leave the gsx alone if it looks like those pictures and just buy a normal gs or skylark to do the swap for. Doesnt really make sense to destroy that car when you could mess up a perfectly good plain jane.

Shotaro:
    I agree with Cypher. Don't alter the car if it is a true GSX and not a clone. That's a very beautiful car! Where are you located in Japan? My wife has family in Fuji, Tokyo & Osaka.

Rodney
    Rodney Meyers
    72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

Thank you for your opinion. This vehicle is a clone that performed Rotisserie restoration

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cdrod View Post
    Shotaro:
    I agree with Cypher. Don't alter the car if it is a true GSX and not a clone. That's a very beautiful car! Where are you located in Japan? My wife has family in Fuji, Tokyo & Osaka.

Rodney
    Thank you for your opinion. This vehicle is a clone that performed Rotisserie restoration my stay Toyama JAPAN

Quote Originally Posted by Shotaro View Post
    Thank you for your opinion. This vehicle is a clone that performed Rotisserie restoration

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your opinion. This vehicle is a clone that performed Rotisserie restoration my stay Toyama JAPAN

All in all its your car... and a nice clone at that.
    In saying that, Do it to it!

For your questions, it all starts with the end goal really.

Suspension: Typical A body so lots of parts or entire frames with everything. Mild, Medium or Wild? Entire frames start 12k or there abouts and just keep on climbing up. They have full frame packages down to individual components, so whatever your overall goal is, they have you covered. If i had the cash for my chevelle, i would definitely go Detroit Speed.

engine and trans: Again, it all depends on goal. If you have the money, go with LSA, if you dont, LS3 crates are wonderful. "Im" not a fan of 6L transmissions but many people like them... Im a manual trans guy myself.

Beautiful car. Whatever route you choose to take, I would encourage you to retain the look and function of the original fresh air intake. This can be done several different ways, and I am sure you'll find a creative solution.

Andrew
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build
    GM High-Tech Performance feature
    My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
    Instagram @projectgattago

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by cypher View Post
    All in all its your car... and a nice clone at that.
    In saying that, Do it to it!

For your questions, it all starts with the end goal really.

Suspension: Typical A body so lots of parts or entire frames with everything. Mild, Medium or Wild? Entire frames start 12k or there abouts and just keep on climbing up. They have full frame packages down to individual components, so whatever your overall goal is, they have you covered. If i had the cash for my chevelle, i would definitely go Detroit Speed.

engine and trans: Again, it all depends on goal. If you have the money, go with LSA, if you dont, LS3 crates are wonderful. "Im" not a fan of 6L transmissions but many people like them... Im a manual trans guy myself.
    Thank you very much. I already have the LSA motor. There is also a 6L90 transmission. I think Detroit Speed's suspension kit is good, but how beautiful is that?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    Beautiful car. Whatever route you choose to take, I would encourage you to retain the look and function of the original fresh air intake. This can be done several different ways, and I am sure you'll find a creative solution.

Andrew

I do not want to break the original body style, just worry about the height of bonnet hood. The LSA motor is big. I also think that he wants to insert fresh cold air from the original intake port.

my LSA motor

Name:  IMG_1302.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  199.8 KB

Block Broken

Name:  IMG_1187.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  178.3 KB

Wow! Both super nice cars! JMO, if that is a real GSX, I would keep the Buick 455 in it. Fuel injection would help it out a lot in driveability(FItech has a spreadbore injection system), along with a low gear kit in the TH400 trans and high rear gear(3.08-2.73, something in that range). PM me, I do a lot of Buick and LS builds, can give you some insight. Your block may be saveable, you'll have to pull the head and have a look and see how far in the damage goes. Good news is that the alum can be repaired, don't junk it.

FYI, for overdrive use with big power, I would go with a 4l80e, not the 6l90e. The 6l90 is a good trans, but if you want more than 700rwhp it needs to be built up. Also, it's huge, will probably require some trans tunnel mods. Maybe somebody who has done the swap can chime in with more insight to the clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by DualQuadDave View Post
    FYI, for overdrive use with big power, I would go with a 4l80e, not the 6l90e. The 6l90 is a good trans, but if you want more than 700rwhp it needs to be built up. Also, it's huge, will probably require some trans tunnel mods. Maybe somebody who has done the swap can chime in with more insight to the clearance.
    Thank you for contacting me. I experienced Holy Sniper EFI at Ford, modern efi understand wonderful things. However, I am suffering because I got LSA. It is whether to replace 1970 camaro ls 1 or replace it with 1970 buick. Originally I think T 56 but I also think that I want to use it because there is also 6 L 90.

holley sniper refi

Quote Originally Posted by DualQuadDave View Post
    holley sniper efi my friends mustang.
    Name:  IMG_0746.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  232.0 KB

I say go for it. This is an easy swap. Use the Holley swap components, including 303-2 or-3 oil pan, 1" forward engine mounts, and 4L80e trans cross member. They also have several options for headers and full stainless exhaust.

Andrew
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build
    GM High-Tech Performance feature
    My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
    Instagram @projectgattago

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

That is a nice "Buick" engine compartment. It would be hard for me to do that to that car even if it is a clone. I have a real Stg1 car and thought about a LS swap but so far just can't bring myself to do it. The Buick cult would hate me...LOL. You could use an EFI and get better fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotaro View Post
    It is whether to replace 1970 camaro ls 1 or replace it with 1970 buick. Originally I think T 56 but I also think that I want to use it because there is also 6 L 90.
    Keep the Buick as-is, put the LSA in the Camaro
    70 GTO - Turbo LS Swap underway...
    70 Firebird project - 455/400

Both cars looks pretty nice. I vote to LSA the Camaro, leave the Buick alone. LS’s are awesome but in 10 years you’ll be really happy you didn’t touch the Buick

Quote Originally Posted by novasf View Post
    both cars looks pretty nice. I vote to lsa the camaro, leave the buick alone. Lsís are awesome but in 10 years youíll be really happy you didnít touch the buick
    thx!

LSA swap for the win.. keep all the orginal buick parts.. and put back together later.. Its a easy swap both ways

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast