Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ron Sutton

Country Flag: United States
      I would like to say I had a good experience with ron,I never bought anything from him.
      Actually he sent me a free Maier panhard,rod mount that he had from some reason,and he"sponsored me for his work shop in Vegas for his workshop,I sat next to Rodney .
      I didn't spend a cent on his workshop.
      I did feel he really didn't go super into detail about setup.
      I knew most of it from the herb Adams book I already had.
      I will say I knew most of the stuff he was selling was from the allstar catalog.
      Didn't most of you fellas know too??
      He did know how to sell himself.
      And does have some good knowledge,but I think it was a case of he bite off more then he could chew.
      A lot of us put him on this pedestal,look at how speedtech was showing the frame he designed,but from what I hear was designed by someone else.
      Don't know why they did That?
      Oh well,I hope him the best and everyone here.
      It sad things like this happen.
      Phik

72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      ...and he"sponsored me for his work shop in Vegas for his workshop,I sat next to Rodney .
      I didn't spend a cent on his workshop.
      Very few people actually ever paid to attend the workshop. He always gave away free seats, and toward the end, two sets at a time, "bring a friend for free, too". I was offered free tickets for every workshop. He was just trying fill seats to advertise "sold out".
      These workshops were paid for by the people who's parts were on display, "Sold Out" meant they would continue to pay...

He ask me several times, usually before a new workshop was scheduled, to post a glowing review of my workshop experience. I never did. I think this is why he gave free tickets, to fill seats and obligate people to post positive reviews of his workshop and buy his parts.

I knew most of it from the herb Adams book I already had.
      I went to one workshop, I actually got more from his forum post, which is pretty much a copy/paste of Herb Adams "Chassis Engineering" book.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

A lot of us put him on this pedestal,look at how speedtech was showing the frame he designed,but from what I hear was designed by someone else.
      Don't know why they did That?

Phik
      I am not sure what you are getting at here can you explain what you think you herd?

the frame that we sell was 100% designed by Speedtech, Ron only did the suspension pick up locations. Ron had nothing to do with the frame design.
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

I have no dog in the fight, and so I have no opinion either way. But I will say that I have made 2 purchases from Ron over the past couple years. He helped with the tech for my application and then sold me the parts at a good price with free shipping. Again, not trying to persuade anybody, but rather just share my experience, which was positive.

Quote Originally Posted by killer69 View Post
      I am not sure what you are getting at here can you explain what you think you herd?

the frame that we sell was 100% designed by Speedtech, Ron only did the suspension pick up locations. Ron had nothing to do with the frame design.
      Blake, I think a lot of people were under the impression that Ron was doing some design on that - Ron was probably the source of that!

Quote Originally Posted by killer69 View Post

That's what ron told me blake.
      72 chevelle.

That's what ron told me blake.
      I was almost sure that there was a video on Rons facebook page that said that designed the clip. Its very possible that I misunderstood the video.

Quote Originally Posted by sccacuda View Post
      Very few people actually ever paid to attend the workshop. He always gave away free seats, and toward the end, two sets at a time, "bring a friend for free, too". I was offered free tickets for every workshop. He was just trying fill seats to advertise "sold out".
      These workshops were paid for by the people who's parts were on display, "Sold Out" meant they would continue to pay...

He ask me several times, usually before a new workshop was scheduled, to post a glowing review of my workshop experience. I never did. I think this is why he gave free tickets, to fill seats and obligate people to post positive reviews of his workshop and buy his parts.

I went to one workshop, I actually got more from his forum post, which is pretty much a copy/paste of Herb Adams "Chassis Engineering" book.
      Thank you for telling everyone what has been going on. I had called Ron 2 or 3 months ago to see what his seminar schedule looked like for this year. Of course I got no response. Now I know why.

Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
      Thank you for telling everyone what has been going on. I had called Ron 2 or 3 months ago to see what his seminar schedule looked like for this year. Of course I got no response. Now I know why.

There are still going to be suspension/set up seminars —- check with ridetech to see if there’s a published schedule yet. SUTTON will not be doing them.... so they should be actually worthwhile.... with a whole lot less “me, myself, and I”.... and better more directly relatable / useable information.

FYI — The $200,000 “Track Warrior” he built for me.... is at SPEEDTECH being completely rebuilt from the ground up - all the wiring - the motor (toast) — the list for what was done correctly/right — is EMPTY.... the list of what was done completely wrong is a book. In other words.... nothing was right and everything was wrong. SpeedTech is doing an absolutely stellar job doing it CORRECTLY. There’s a post on Lateral-G under Projects if you’re interested....

What about the various locker springs he sold - were they his or from someone else?
      -Bob (66 Nova)

I think most of us saw this from the start... The seminars etc... Smoke n mirrors! I truly feel bad for those that were ripped off. When this happened with Prodigy, we stepped in and offered VERY good prices to help guys get back on track with their builds.

Proud to say we have stayed 99.99% clean for 18 years now, it's not that hard, you just need the right people in place that know what they are doing and actually care. We also have morals and like to sleep well at night! We treat our customers with the same respect that we would expect on the other end of the phone or email. We don't make up lead times, we don't rob Peter to pay Paul, etc. We run a debt free business and that is the only way we will do it!

Matt + Crew
      MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

Quote Originally Posted by BBPanel View Post
      What about the various locker springs he sold - were they his or from someone else?
      It's a spring. He didn't wind springs. You can buy springs from dozens of places. All you need to know is the diameter, rate, and free height you need.
      Andrew Scott
      '87 GN - 12.8 @ 108
      https://www.andrewdscott.com
      Instagram: @andrewdscott12
      Twitter: @Andrew1427

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by MCB Matt View Post
      I think most of us saw this from the start... The seminars etc... Smoke n mirrors! I truly feel bad for those that were ripped off. When this happened with Prodigy, we stepped in and offered VERY good prices to help guys get back on track with their builds.

Proud to say we have stayed 99.99% clean for 18 years now, it's not that hard, you just need the right people in place that know what they are doing and actually care. We also have morals and like to sleep well at night! We treat our customers with the same respect that we would expect on the other end of the phone or email. We don't make up lead times, we don't rob Peter to pay Paul, etc. We run a debt free business and that is the only way we will do it!

Matt + Crew
      And yet shockingly when you dont rob Peter to pay Paul, you have a successful business lmao
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by MCB Matt View Post

Matt + Crew
      Thats why I always come to you guys first, well you guys and Blake at S-T, hes like a crack dealer..those damn suspensions are just so nice

I take a break from the board for a while, come back and find out Greg sold his house in Idaho and now this...

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      And yet shockingly when you dont rob Peter to pay Paul, you have a successful business lmao
      Yeah, makes a difference! Cashflow is king to a successful business though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Thats why I always come to you guys first, well you guys and Blake at S-T, hes like a crack dealer..those damn suspensions are just so nice
      For sure Kevin! We have been a Speedtech dealer for years as well, always been a top shelf product!
      MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

Quote Originally Posted by 68Cuda440 View Post
      I take a break from the board for a while, come back and find out Greg sold his house in Idaho and now this...
      Selling my Sun Valley house was all due to my terminal cancer..... no longer skiing and living in a ski town that is hard to get to and from - and not feeling like shoveling snow when I don’t feel well...... I’d rather drive a hot rod and enjoy the day — thus the move to Scottsdale. Close to The Mayo Clinic - and it’s hot rod heaven.....

The Race car the idiot built for me is almost finished - thanks to SpeedTech Performance and crew! It should be on display at the upcoming USCA event at Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Weld View Post
      Selling my Sun Valley house was all due to my terminal cancer..... no longer skiing and living in a ski town that is hard to get to and from - and not feeling like shoveling snow when I don’t feel well...... I’d rather drive a hot rod and enjoy the day — thus the move to Scottsdale. Close to The Mayo Clinic - and it’s hot rod heaven.....

The Race car the idiot built for me is almost finished - thanks to SpeedTech Performance and crew! It should be on display at the upcoming USCA event at Las Vegas.
      Thats awesome Greg, great to hear how quick SpeedTech is working it out.
      I will admit I am amateur at suspension and YET I thought I was seeing basic stuff from him. Had thought about pulling trigger to ask him for some extra help on Hbody frontend BUT something stopped me.
      From 20 ft away the DM looked awesome but up close, damn even I couldnt slop something together so bad.
      Im ok in suspension tuning for drag racing, and far to midlin on left/right stuff but actually though RS was guy to ask.
      Thanks for blow lid off as you did, stay well and good luck with DM.
      By the way Ive been an alignment tech for 30+yrs AND helped many people and never passed my self off like Ron did.
      I still amaze my employer on how I can SEE bent car parts and thats before I hook up my alignment machine.
      Again, good luck, stay well and hope to see your car sometime.
      God Bless,
      Lee
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com