Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 89 S10 Blazer

I bought the rest of my 2x4 metal to finish the frame this morning along with ordering a bunch of 1.75 DOM tubing so I can also start on my cage again. Now that things are getting better in life for me it is time to start working on my Blazer when I have a chance.
      But I have ran in to an issue and need some input. I ran down to the junkyard and picked up a shifter so I could figure out a good seat location. I don't mind the seat sitting back where it is but trying to figure out if I want my legs straight out in front of me like my formula cars were or should they be bent some. Bent would make my life a lot easier for making the front frame rails but I also want comfort and what would be best. I have enough room for either or and that's why I am asking. Thanks in advance!

Country Flag: United States
      This is an interesting question. Personally, I'd vote for slightly bent. Just feels more natural to me. At the same time, it probably matters more on how long you plan to drive in a given outing. Try to mimic the seating position of a car that feels comfy to you on a longer drive.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

I can agree with you but with my formula cars sometimes I sat in them for hours at the races and was comfortable. But like most other cars you sit in them with bent knees and they are comfortable also. That is what has me conflicted.

The problem solved itself and going to have bent knees so if anyone else wants to drive it they will be able to reach the pedals. I just got some engine mounts yesterday and after getting them all in this morning I am going to have to stretch the front end about four inches and thinking about moving the rear wheel arch back about an inch. The whole idea on this build was to have all factory bolt in parts just encase I ever need to replace anything. I have had a tough time finding someone locally to shorten the torque tube so might as well work with what I have. Overall it will give me some more high speed stability with the added wheelbase anyways so no complaints.
      Here is after everything is bolted together. needed a visual.

Niiiiccccceeeee. I'm really liking how this is going. I bet this thing is pretty lethal on track when you get done.

I hope so! The more I look at it I am really curious once I get it on the scales how it will weigh front to back.

Got a lot done today. The front frame rails are in and have the front end strapped in until I can get it to work on the measuring system to align the suspension and cradles. Still need to make the front and rear rail ends for it and still trying to decide on how I want to do that.

Just got 150 feet of 1 3/4 DOM tubing today for my cage and whatever is left over for future projects. I have a Rogue Fab tube bender so if anyone has any tips or tricks on bending tube I would love to hear it. :D

Man I am glad to see continued progress on the Blazer after your previous life struggles.
      Hope things are going better for you now.
      2 things:
      I'm envious of your tow rig and this thing is going to be bonkers. Keep up the great progress!

Thank you! I am not in the clear yet with my previous life. (I like that saying thank you)
      But I can't wait to get the Blazer sitting on its own wheels again and start the fun part of the bodywork. I still have so much to do around the house but also need me time and work on the Blazer here and there. The bug has got me pretty bad the last few weeks to try to make some pretty good progress on it. :D

Got some work done on the Blazer today but it might be a few weeks before I can touch it again. After having my tube bender a year I finally get to learn how to use it.

My cage but going to change up the door bars.

Making my main hoop

Hoop is just sitting inthe Blazer but all the angles line up how I wanted them. Thinking about taking another inch off to drop it down a little more.

Well done! I'm super jealous that you have Bend Tech. I almost paid for it, but ended up working out without it.

Looks like you are getting the hang of that M600 bender. I love mine and they are really easy to use since all the offsets are right on the machine.

Keep it up!

Thank you! It was a learning curve but finally got the tube bender figured out. I have a lot to learn on Bend-tech but it is a really cool program.

I tried to make my front down bars yesterday and wasted a little more tube so decided to order some more angle finders from Rogue fab. I also ordered a couple more blocks to make it easier to bend easier. Learning as I go but it is really great to learn something new and can't wait to master making roll cages. Problem I have is there isn't anyone local that makes cages so can't go ask questions and learn from a pro.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Jaymzz View Post
      I tried to make my front down bars yesterday and wasted a little more tube so decided to order some more angle finders from Rogue fab. I also ordered a couple more blocks to make it easier to bend easier. Learning as I go but it is really great to learn something new and can't wait to master making roll cages. Problem I have is there isn't anyone local that makes cages so can't go ask questions and learn from a pro.
      Took me 4-5 attempts to get satisfactory front down bars. You are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by egoman View Post
      Took me 4-5 attempts to get satisfactory front down bars. You are not alone.
      It sure is fun learning though even though every time I mess up I count the dollars in my head lost. lol

Got my bolt on angle finders from Rogue fab last week and excited to learn some more angles to bend. But in the mean time I went out and bought this today 2014 manual SS with really low miles. Need to get some wheels for it but really clean nice car. :D

That is exactly why I have had up to 4 motorcycles in my garage during the course of building my truck. I know bikes aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I HAD to have something fun for thrills while I worked.

Nice find. Those 5th gens are really coming down in price and seem to be an attractive used car. Just try not to get too distracted. ;)

I only ordered a few parts for it so far, but I do think it is safe to say it will need new rear tires in a couple months. lol
      But this car will give me something to race this year a little until my Blazer gets done. Going to try to keep it fairly stock so it stays reliable unlike my TBSS. My friend followed me back to work yesterday driving my TBSS and now not sure I want to sell it because it sure looks and sounds good.

Got out in the shop this weekend! My main hoop and front down bars are done finally.It took a lot of learning to get the front down bars how I wanted them but they are all tacked in.

Had to put a 25 degree twist in the down bar to fit the windshield pillar and roof how I wanted it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com