Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 89 S10 Blazer

Country Flag: United States
      Subscribed
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Sorry to hear about the health issues. I've been fighting psoriatic arthritis for about 10 years now and found that a healthy lifestyle helps a lot with pain management. For starters I've noticed that dairy, heavy starches like white potatoes, and many normal cooking oils make my joints swell and hurt. So does sugar and a lot of processed foods. So, pretty much anything that tastes good makes my body freak out, lol. The Doc has me on a Mediterranean diet, which really isn't that bad. My wife keeps telling me I'll get used to it... Anyways, healthy living and positive thinking really helps deal with ailments and pain management. Good luck with your future and your career change.

Glad to see progress on the Blazer will continue, even if the pace slows a bit down, progress is progress.
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

We are almost on the same diet. I have cut out so much food that I love it is sad. Haven't had a candy bar in years and most of all miss cheese! I was diagnosed about 8 years ago and been fighting it with diet but that wasn't enough.

Update... I am building a frame table for the Blazer. Should have done that first but was waiting because had a line on an old frame rack but it fell through. Have the main structure built and need to make some jigs for it now. I plan on working on it a little here and there but my wife and I decided it is time to sell the house or refinance it so been slowly working on the house instead. Not sure if my work is going to move me or not so applied for a teaching job that is teaching collision repair to high school kids and really hoping to get it. I have done two interviews so far and have been involved with the school for the last two years with my son going there so thinking I might have a chance.

Good luck,I hope things work out for you, my move was brain damage...

Joe

If we move not looking forward to it. Lived in the house for 15 years.

Moves are tough. Work changes moved me from Michigan to Colorado in 2012 and back to Michigan in 2017. The second move was quite short notice and unexpected.

It can be tough. I hope it all works out well for you.

Good luck with everything. We moved at the beginning of April and it really sucked, but that included having to move out on short notice because the Landlord sold the place and putting all our stuff in storage and living in a motel for a week while waiting for the new place to open up. Once we got moved and are somewhat settled it's been nice, the new place is bigger suiting our family of 7 better and is in a better location. The good thing about moving is it's an opportunity to learn new things and move forward in life.

Better yet might be a decent new job in the same place. I'd love to teach design classes and almost got on board as a part time professor in a small local college but in the end it fell through because although I have two Bachelor's degrees I don't have a Master's degree. Hope you have better luck if that's the path you choose, teaching others and passing on the skills keeps the industry alive and I think is very satisfying.

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

The school district is using my 24 years experience as a college degree but been checking their website daily for updates but think it might be the end of the month before they do the last round of interviews. Trades are dying so I would love to be a part of bringing a small portion back by teaching.

Good luck!

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymzz View Post
      If we move not looking forward to it. Lived in the house for 15 years.
      Yeah, my old place was 21 years, I thought I had been purging during the year leading up... Right. Wow, was I kidding myself.

Joe

Haha that's what I have been doing the last few weeks. Amazing all the crap we acquire over the years! Finding leftovers from s10 swaps over the years that I forgot I had.

Holy crap I've been away too long.
      Jaymzz this thing is looking amazing, keep at it! Really glad you went wide-body.
      Best of luck with the job transition and the health issues.

Thank you! I am hoping to have a day on the house and a day on my Blazer this weekend. Need to finish getting my homemade chassis table done and the Blazer attached to it.

Need some help desperately!
      I bought the metal for the frame this morning and started to draw plans for it and ran into a huge oh crap moment. According to Dobbertin's plans for the adapters I need to have the frame come up 12.5 inches for the front and rear suspension and don't have the room length wise in the front mounting points to have the rails come down into the main torquebox. Everything I try leaves me no room for pedals and I even put the seat all the way back into the B pillar and felt way awkward and wouldn't be able to see out the side and still legs were all bet up. I could use any help with ideas here. I also thought about stretching the front end to make more room but think that would look odd also. If I can't figure out something I might just start building my 78 K5 with my suspension and scrap the s10. I would rather build the s10 though. :(

Can you post some more pictures or a diagram as to why it needs to be that high up, or a semi finish picture of how it is assembled?
      Miles Boyer
      The car hobby is dangerous,if the speed doesn't kill you, the cost of parts will.
      91 V8 S10
      88 Cutlass Pro-Tour
      97 Chevy lifted Z-71
      96 Corvette

When I am on my computer tomorrow morning I will. you can also go to dobertins website and he has pictures of everything

Here you go. I am going to go out in a little bit and look at another couple ideas I had over the night.
      https://rick486.wixsite.com/dobberti...on-instruction

Do the angle parts from the sub-frame you are installing have to be installed straight line down to the blazer frame? Would it be possible to weld a tube going from the right to left sides of the truck that attach to the subframe and then the angle part come down off to the sides?
      Miles Boyer
      The car hobby is dangerous,if the speed doesn't kill you, the cost of parts will.
      91 V8 S10
      88 Cutlass Pro-Tour
      97 Chevy lifted Z-71
      96 Corvette

I was thinking something similar. I stepped back and re thought a lot today and been researching different styles of frames from what I was originally planning. Ultimately I decided to start in the back and work my way forward. Thinking once I get all the vette stuff bolted together with a good visual should be able to come up with a good gameplan. I am trying to sit as low as can but thinking by moving the floor up a few inches I can gain a lot of foot room for pedals. If I could figure out how to post pictures from Flickr from my phone I would show you what I mean.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com