Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 89 S10 Blazer

Country Flag: United States
      Best I can see looking at pic on last page of adapters near your cut out firewall, it looks like 2 x 4 frame rail would be right where pedals should be . So wonder how Rick D. got the front to fit on his examples. Don't see any front end details on any of his s-10 stuff.
      Some projects involve fudging a little here & there. I have seen wheel openings moved forwards about 3" on small trucks without extending entire front, but that would make the front of the widebody part more difficult. Would be a positive on weight distribution though , so could be a consideration?
      Could drop portion of frame behind adapter possibly be a reinforced 2 x 3" for 1" more room? Could you do a straight 90 degree drop down to under cab tube?
      Maybe move only the floor portion in front of the seat higher?
      Just trying to help you think.

Got the rear end together and started the frame yesterday. I will update with more pictures later today but was excited to share. :D

Does the engine sit above the steering rack on the front sub-frame? Im pretty excited to see how this turns out.
      Miles Boyer
      The car hobby is dangerous,if the speed doesn't kill you, the cost of parts will.
      91 V8 S10
      88 Cutlass Pro-Tour
      97 Chevy lifted Z-71
      96 Corvette

No it sits behind it and pretty low.

I see what your dilemma is now, that puts the engine almost right where your seats should be. I thought it was just going to be the frame work that was going to be in the way.
      Miles Boyer
      The car hobby is dangerous,if the speed doesn't kill you, the cost of parts will.
      91 V8 S10
      88 Cutlass Pro-Tour
      97 Chevy lifted Z-71
      96 Corvette

Engine will sit forward and I should have enough room on that end, but the frame rails are in my way. I have some ideas for work around's for the frames but need to get the back done first. I am thinking I might be able to stretch the front end a little and then won't need to cut the torque tube down and also have more foot room for pedals. Still up in the air though...

I think you're doing what I'd do by getting something done out back while figuring on front.

Got a little done over the last couple weeks. Started on the frame and slowly getting everything figured out.

Then got a little side tracked and tried my TBSS at an autocross and it did a lot better than expected. :D

Nice progress. Your TBSS looks good.

Joe

Thanks need to get some different wheels for it someday. Every time I start thinking about wheels spend the money on the S10. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymzz View Post
      Thanks need to get some different wheels for it someday. Every time I start thinking about wheels spend the money on the S10. lol
      That's ok, your spending in the right place, between cars and motorcycles, I tend to get a bit scattered...

Joe

Sorry to say that this is on hold until I buy another house and figure out my finances. My wife decided she is tired of being married to me after 22 years and we are getting divorced. This came out of the blue and was a complete surprise for me and not taking it to well. I don't understand how someone can be so nice and my best friend one day and then wake up the next day and say she is done with me. That literally is what happened.
      Since some of you are watching my build thought I would let you know I have no way to work on it right now. Been cleaning the house and shop getting it ready to sell. I am looking at storage units to put my Blazer and shop stuff in for a while.

Damn I'm so frustrated for you guys every time I read this! Feel free to live vicariously through mine. I hope it works out for you.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Thanks dude. I have been watching your thread and getting excited for you about how close it is getting to done. :thumsup:

Wow, that just sucks, sorry to hear, the Blazer can wait.

Joe

Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while. Life has been rather tough for me lately but starting to get better. My Blazer is under a huge pile of home remodel stuff right now so haven't been able to work on it, but the good news is that I am keeping my house so once the dust settles from my divorce I can work uninterrupted on my Blazer.
      I did buy myself a divorce present though and have wanted another one since 1994. I have been fixing little stuff on the truck here and there but overall it is a great truck and so excited to finally have a good tow rig.

Good to hear that it hasn't been all bad news. I'm jealous of that trailer. I need you to come tow my truck when it's done. Haha
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

It would fit in with my Blazer lol.

Good to hear things are settling down for you,Love your new tow rig. Since being diagnosed with hyperthyroidisim and getting treatment I feel like a new person, taking on things I wouldn't have thought about a couple of months ago, leading me to buy a small RV for a multi use rig.
      0929191452 by Joseph Martin, on Flickr
      In the last month I've done a lot to it, with more to come.
      20191103_152748 by Joseph Martin, on Flickr
      It's amazing what lowering and wheels and tires do for a rig...

Joe

Right on! That looks like it will be some fun for a long time.
      I get to go in to the rheumatologist in January and hoping they can get me on some kind of therapy or whatever to slow down my joint deterioration. My fingers are starting to curl and lock up and I kind of need my hands lol

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com