Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 89 S10 Blazer

Well the good news is I went and picked up my tube bender today. Was very cool that they are semi local to me only hour and a half away. Excited to get my chassis started soon, but bad news is blew the transmission in my tbss today on the way home from getting my tube bender. So long story short using the money I have saved up for a transmission instead of tubing. :( But stay tuned will be posting progress when I get my daily back on the road and some more money saved up.
      Bought the Rogue fab tube bender. I did get the needs welded kit because that just sounds fun. :D Also got a 1" square die for floor bracing or whatever else I can use it on. Thinking about making new hand rails around the house to learn how to use the bender. lol
      https://www.roguefab.com/product/tub...tradesman-set/

Country Flag: United States
      Yes! Glad to see others jumping on this bender too. I'm jealous that I can't run down the street to meet them like you. I had them weld mine for me since it was easier (I'm lazy sometimes), but the diy kit does look fun. Now that I'm having to order additional dies I should have gotten that tradesman set. I also need to build a cart for mine. Did you get the notcher too?
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Already have a notcher so didn't get there's. Excited to start playing with the bender but going to be a bit. Now my tbss is down doing the while I am there I should do this and then that. Ordering a built transmission with a stall and thinking about doing headers and a cam while I am there.

It's good to see your build here. Looks like your up to your neck in it now... ;)

Joe

Still no new updates on the Blazer unless you want pictures of the dust on it. :(
      Good news is I have all the new parts for my TBSS and the transmission will be here next week hopefully. Ended up getting a fairly built one for it so it lasts longer and can have more fun driving it. Bad news is my TBSS cost more than I was expecting so really put a hold on my Blazer. Going to try to get it back on the road in a weekend once my transmission gets here. Coming from southern Florida so worried about weather holding up shipping in middle America.

Not my s10 but my other Blazer. Can't wait to get it back on the road and stop driving my crew cab land yacht every day.

Getting ready to put in a transmission, stall, trans cooler, oil pickup tube, and headers. After taking this picture found some front diff parts that need replaced also. My tbss is starting to be a pretty good money pit but hopefully good after all this. Have a tune scheduled in a couple weeks also.

This is what nightmares are made of. I thought my s10 was compact and it has nothing on this Blazer. Shocked me that it is so tight that GM ran the front diff through the oil pan.

I never knew the SS came in 4wd. Looks like you're having fun.

This is how you know you have a car problem...even the daily driver gets mods and broken from time to time. It's the best problem! Haha.

Right! I am curios to see how it drives with a good transmission. For the last year been babying it trying to get it to last until the spring. Didn't make it lol
      They made them in rwd and awd. After yesterday I see why people convert them to rwd but need to keep mine awd.

I was looking for a Blue 2wd back in like 10, and the prices were still reasonable. I hadn't realized they came AWD until a couple years ago.

So My TBSS is hopefully done after today and now starting to save again for my s10 metal and parts. Have a tone of s10 and Corvette goodies to sell soon to hopefully get the Blazer in to go mode again.
      Here is my tune from today from my TBSS and couldn't be happier especially for a daily driver. Sure missed my heated seats.

So talked with a friend that owns the wrecking yard I get a lot of stuff from today. I was telling him about my dilemma that I can't decide if I want to run a triangulated three link nine inch rear end with massive deep dish wheels on the rear or still save up and run the C5 rear end. He has seen every one of my builds over the years and wants to see something completely different from me this time. I am now the proud owner of a complete 2002 Zo6 rear end with the 6 speed transmission. It still needs pulled or I would have got some pictures. :D

Where does everyone get there 1 3/4 .120 wall DOM tubing from? I need a lot of it and the cheapest I found in my area is just under $10 a foot which puts me at around $1900 for tubing. :(

Sweet! I need a friend like that! Are you going to actually use the transaxle setup from the vette too?

Yes going to use it all and cut the torque tube down to length. That should put some more weight in the rear for better distribution. The selling point was first the price he offered it to me but that I will be able to run all factory parts so no more trying to find or make custom parts if something breaks.That was one of the major problems I had when I was trying to drive it as a daily was to many custom parts and stuff kept breaking and I kept improving to where it was starting to get expensive. Never did find the reason I was burning clutches up, but the whole setup was *******ized so bad to make the ZF six speed work in something it wasn't supposed to be in. lol I had it down to swapping a new clutch disc in about 35 minutes.

Holy crap! Well I'm kinda jealous as my project would be sooooo balanced if the trans was in the rear, but Ford never made a vette competitor.

I'll be watching this closely. Get to work!

Would love to get to work but still need a lot of metal and some other parts to get started. My TBSS put me back a lot of money so it is going to take a few months to get everything to get back to work on the Blazer.

So question for the mods. Did I post my thread in the wrong section? I see trucks in the project updates section and see Sbeck09 thread was moved also so thought I would ask.

Trying to keep my build thread updated so you all don't think it has been abandoned. I was supposed to pick up the Z06 rear end last weekend but had a stomach bug that was harsh so hopefully picking it up this Saturday if I can. I have been trying to sell anything and everything I have laying around from my car projects to buy the tube chassis materials and parts needed to get started back on my Blazer.
      Anyone know what a full black/grey Blazer interior would go for? lol It seems everyone else has different taste in parts as me so being a little difficult selling all my LT series engines and transmission. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymzz View Post
      Trying to keep my build thread updated so you all don't think it has been abandoned. I was supposed to pick up the Z06 rear end last weekend but had a stomach bug that was harsh so hopefully picking it up this Saturday if I can. I have been trying to sell anything and everything I have laying around from my car projects to buy the tube chassis materials and parts needed to get started back on my Blazer.
      Anyone know what a full black/grey Blazer interior would go for? lol It seems everyone else has different taste in parts as me so being a little difficult selling all my LT series engines and transmission. :(
      Be patient. Its the one thing I struggle with, I sold plenty of bicycles online for was less than they are worth because I don't have any patience. Keep them advertisements updated and someone somewhere will grab the stuff.

And cut and grind something daily dont get focused on the things that are not happening, focus on the things that are.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

I agree that patients are everything. :thumbsup:

So went and got this today! 2002 Z06 rear end, torque tube, bellhousing and 6 speed manual transmission. Also got a junk block so I can start mocking everything up. Now starting to save for all the metal I am going to need to build a tube chassis. Still looking into if I want to do tube all the way through or build a 2x4 frame.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com