Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

What fuel pressure regulator for 340LPH fuel pump?

I've got an aeromotive tank with their 340LPH in tank fuel pump and their instructions say to NOT use a "factory" style fuel pressure regulator and to use their adjustable FPR to handle the higher than stock pressure fuel pump. Anyone have an opinion on this or any advice? They claim that the factory style corvette FPR will cause premature failure of their fuel pump. I trying to get my car plumbed and am stuck on this somany help would be greatly appreciated!

Curious why you would not want to follow their recommendation.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Curious why you would not want to follow their recommendation.

Don
      I didn't say I wasn't going to follow their recommendation, I was asking for other recommendations. There are many people with ls swaps and I am asking for their opinions/advice. Aeromotive isn't the only company that sells an adjustable FPR, therefore I am looking for alternatives and or experiences running a stock regulator.

I'm having this same pump installed in my fuel cell. I picked up a Holley adjustable regulator that handles 15-65 psi. This lets me run a return style system. Plus I'm using the Aeromotive pwm for their pumps to help too.

I realize that's probably more than you're looking to do, but food for thought.

And they are right. At low speeds/idle this pump is wayyyyy overkill for a stock regulator. They aren't built for that much flow. That's the joy of this stuff. One thing costs another.

-Sean
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      I'm having this same pump installed in my fuel cell. I picked up a Holley adjustable regulator that handles 15-65 psi. This lets me run a return style system. Plus I'm using the Aeromotive pwm for their pumps to help too.

I realize that's probably more than you're looking to do, but food for thought.

And they are right. At low speeds/idle this pump is wayyyyy overkill for a stock regulator. They aren't built for that much flow. That's the joy of this stuff. One thing costs another.

-Sean
      Thanks for the input! Do you know if the regulator needs to be close to the fuel rail, or can it be mounted in the rear by the tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmart78 View Post
      Thanks for the input! Do you know if the regulator needs to be close to the fuel rail, or can it be mounted in the rear by the tank?
      I've seen it both ways. Higher pressure needs usually require the regulator be right at the rail. I was always taught that having it closer to the rail allows for a more accurate and consistent pressure anyway. You have to remember that the further a fluid travels, the more the pressure will drop.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com