Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

TKO 600 Second Gen Speedometer Calibrate

Running the .64 TKO 600 5 speed with a 3.42 rear gear 25.7" tire. All of the online calculators for speedo gears say to use a 19 tooth driven gear. This makes my speedo read approx 87 mph at 2000 rpm, supposed to be reading 71mph. Tried a 21 tooth. Read 80 mph at 2000 rpm. Still off. I see they make a 23 tooth but say it is limited use. What are you running to get yours right? Could it be my tacometer is off also?

1973 TA G Machine
      2000 BMW 540 G Sedan

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 73ta View Post
      Running the .64 TKO 600 5 speed with a 3.42 rear gear 25.7" tire. All of the online calculators for speedo gears say to use a 19 tooth driven gear. This makes my speedo read approx 87 mph at 2000 rpm, supposed to be reading 71mph. Tried a 21 tooth. Read 80 mph at 2000 rpm. Still off. I see they make a 23 tooth but say it is limited use. What are you running to get yours right? Could it be my tacometer is off also?
      Have you tried driving with a GPS along to see how that compares. That would be one way to verify what's really wrong. I've seen some strange situations like this before.
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

If you are running an electronic speedo, you can drive it with a GPS sender. That way no matter what gears or tire size you may switch to it has no effect on the speedo.

https://www.autometer.com/universal-...ce-module.html
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      If you are running an electronic speedo, you can drive it with a GPS sender. That way no matter what gears or tire size you may switch to it has no effect on the speedo.

https://www.autometer.com/universal-...ce-module.html
      How well do those work? My Garmin GPS has a notable delay in showing my current speed when accel/decal. I'm about to come into this issue myself. I don't want to have to wait to see if I'm getting a ticket or not. ;)
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com