Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Is my compressor fixed or variable displacement?

I have a 2018 L86 motor and i was wondering how i can Lookup to see if my compressor is fixed or variable displacement? I’m assuming it’s cariable but thought I’d try to look into it. Here’s a photo of the compressors tag.

Country Flag: United States
      These compressors are most likely Variable displacement, The replacement compressor for the 2018 L86 is a variable displacement. Some visual indicators to I.D the style is:
      Variable displacement comps will typically have a displacement control valve on the body of the compressor (on sides or rear)
      Also in some models there will be an electrical connection going to a pressure switch that is built into the compressor, not to be confused with the power wire.
      Fixed displacement compressor will only have one electrical connector and will not have a control valve.

Here is what you need to do to make it a fixed displacement compressor.
      On the rear of the compressor there is a wire connector. This is for your variable displacement valve. Tie this wire into the compressor clutch energize wire. (+)
      Your done. When clutch is turned on it also opens the solenoid. Works great. I have done 2 gen 5 swaps with a/c and this is how I set them up and they work perfect. Good l u ck

Thanks man!

Country Flag: United States
      Did you get the variable ac converted to fixed as per what was mentioned above?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com