Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

72 Nova body and frame issues

I hope this is the right area to post this...

The problem I'm having is that my car is in the air on four jack stands, and I noticed that the passenger rear frame rail was always the last to land on the jack stand. I was a little bothered by this but I just removed my front sub frame and set the car back down on the jack stands and now the rear passenger rail isn't even resting on the jack stand, It's in the air by 3/4". I measured the front of the body and from ground to body, both sides measure the same, but in the rear the driver side sits 3/4" lower. I put a degree finder on a few spots and I show 0 Degrees passenger to driver, maybe I'm overreacting here and it's an issue with the garage floor and not the car? Is 3/4" that big of a deal, maybe fixable with suspension? Anyway if anyone has run into something like this or has ad vice I'd appreciate it.. Here's a picture of the passenger rear jack. Thanks!

It could be the floor or you could on a larger scale do something like this off of known even spots on the underside of the car:

You could cut even spacers to drop down off of the rear frame rails by the leaf spring holes and then another set of spacers off of the firewall base subframe mount and then have straight material going left to right on those two locations.

Jim

Country Flag: United States
      That's a great idea, thanks!

If your worried about it, take it to a frame shop and have it checked,,,,, If there is a problem, they can fix it. It's amazing what a 20 or 30 Ton hydraulic ram can fix.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com