Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

drive shaft yoke options for 6l80

Has anyone used a 400 yolk on a 6l80 trans and eliminated the 3 bolt flange and cut off centering stud looks pretty straight forward. Im just wondering what Im missing Thanks Don

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by vettedon View Post
      Has anyone used a 400 yolk on a 6l80 trans and eliminated the 3 bolt flange and cut off centering stud looks pretty straight forward. Im just wondering what Im missing Thanks Don
      I don't know that the splines are the same as a TH400...do you? I am also pretty sure that the output shaft of a 6L80 isn't very deep inside and may not have a bushing to support a conventional yoke. There are adapters that mate to the 3 bolt flange and then you can have a driveshaft built with a slider in the middle or CV joints that have about 1.5" of plunge.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thanks the splines are the same on the turbo 400 I have a C-3 Corvette yolk that is about 1/4 in. longer than flange but I see what you are saying about support bushing. I guess this is what I was missing Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Don,
      What we've done in the past is swap out the output shaft and tailhousing to the slip yoke style that was used on some vehicles. It's not that hard to do on that transmission. Then you can use any 32 spline slip yoke style driveshaft.
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com