Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Billf67 View Post
      Great build! Love that you went with the 3v instead of the usual coyote or 4v swaps as that's the same path I am going on my project. May have missed it in the thread but what harness are you running for it?
      I'm using a 2009 Mustang GT engine harness with a Ford Racing control pack.
      The 2005-2007 engine harness won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixr320 View Post
      Frank

Is this caused by the disease?
      Yes. I don't really understand it completely.
      I was diagnosed with psoriasis arthritis since 2007 or 2008. I had some bone spurs removed from my elbow which got infected. After a second surgery and a PIK line, something triggered my body to attack itself. The injections suppress my immune system. I rarely get sick.

I haven't posted in a while. The bed is done. The doors are painted. I still have to paint the front fenders and inner fenders.
      My tuner in Venezuela has sent me the start up tune..
      I remote tune with Lito who specializes in these Mod motors. After a idle data log, the next tune will be very conservative. Ill drive around normal speeds and data log.
      Then I'll run the truck at WOT in 3rd gear to redline while data logging. Then finally, I'll get a real tune.
      This is about like a dynoshop without a dyno. Lol
      Attached Images Attached Images    

The naca ducts turned out good. I forgot to mention i had to widen the bed sides too.
      He's a picture of my rt hand. I took this last night. Notice my index finger and ring finger. Believe it or not, once they deform slightly they don't hurt as bad. Lol
      Craziest thing ever.

It's coming together now. I painted the last few parts this morning!
      Power coated the once chrome pieces gloss black.
      So the doors and fenders are on. I'll probably paint my old grill gloss black and carbon fiber headlight bezels.
      The lower radiator hose should be here tomorrow and Ill fire it off.
      If all goes well I'm driving it to Coker Tire in Chattanooga Tennessee Saturday!

Country Flag: United States
      Holy crap I can't wait! You better make a first start video and then try to catch that cam lope after it warms up.

Funny thing too that I just realized...you have the RXT clutch and I just ordered an RST for mine. I hear nothing but great things about them.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Holy crap I can't wait! You better make a first start video and then try to catch that cam lope after it warms up.

Funny thing too that I just realized...you have the RXT clutch and I just ordered an RST for mine. I hear nothing but great things about them.
      Whats the difference in the RXT and RST?
      I called McLeod and told them I street drive and autocross the truck. And it was around 700 to the tires. This was what he recommended.

I powdered coated all the chrome trim including the vent window trim. Getting the glass out of frame wasn't too bad. I used a heat gun and barely and I mean bare leveraged the glass with a small flat blade screwdriver. I got a little bit of movement and i kept putting lacquer thinner between the frame and glass to soften the sealer.
      Well, the sealer is something I've never heard of. It's Galss Setting Tape. 1/16X 1 1/2" and my brother in law just happened to have a roll. I notched the curve in the tape. I use electrical tape to temporarily hold the glass tape to the glass. A fine film of motor oil and it went right in place.
      I still have to trim the excess.
      My grill emblem turned out okay. Carbon fiber wrapped the inner part and powder coated the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank ZX View Post
      Whats the difference in the RXT and RST?
      I called McLeod and told them I street drive and autocross the truck. And it was around 700 to the tires. This was what he recommended.
      RST is rated 800hp vs RXT is rated 1000hp. The only difference is the friction material. Sounds like they set you up right.

I got the frontend mostly assembled. Gas in the tank, radiator filled and all other fluids full.
      The Munssey speed carbon fiber is awesome.
      I wanted to comment on the No Limit chassis, the body lines up so much better than the factory chassis.
      I put the correct length QA1 coilover springs on. 14 inch in the rear and 12 inch on the front. That was a challenge. Lol
      I will drive it today or tomorrow.

I feel like I have to throw out an "Atta-Boy" here. This started as a discussion last year in Louisville at the NSRA Nats. Firmed up right after SEMA and the tear down started early November. We got Franklin's chassis done in mid January, and he said is goal was the Summit Auto-rama in April. - a lofty goal. Chassis swap, motor build, trans swap, re-wire, body work, wheels, ............. basically a full new build. (not the original plan, but you know how it goes) You may have noticed, Franklin just keeps workin. Motor part not here, I'll work on the body. Wheel issue, I'll start wiring..... he doesn't quit. And the result, looks like he'll be driving very soon. That's how you do it folks, head down, ever forward. Great job buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      I feel like I have to throw out an "Atta-Boy" here. This started as a discussion last year in Louisville at the NSRA Nats. Firmed up right after SEMA and the tear down started early November. We got Franklin's chassis done in mid January, and he said is goal was the Summit Auto-rama in April. - a lofty goal. Chassis swap, motor build, trans swap, re-wire, body work, wheels, ............. basically a full new build. (not the original plan, but you know how it goes) You may have noticed, Franklin just keeps workin. Motor part not here, I'll work on the body. Wheel issue, I'll start wiring..... he doesn't quit. And the result, looks like he'll be driving very soon. That's how you do it folks, head down, ever forward. Great job buddy!
      Thanks for the compliment Rob! Once I commit to something I follow through. Hot Rodding is not easy but it's fun! Especially the end result.
      I fired the truck off Sunday. I tryed to get it running all day Saturday but one problem led to another. Cheap AN fuel fittings leaked, started, heat exchanger water pump, etc.
      My tuner says I have some coil issues but when i check DTC, I'm not seeing a problem on my end. Lito is in Venezuela and I'm not even sure he knows english. Lol
      He can tune the hell out of a MOD motor.
      I called Mo's Speed shop in Dallas Ga. Marty the owner is some big lawyer and Jeff runs the business. Jeff dynoed the truck 2 years ago when it was naturally aspirated. It made 332hp to the tires. Everyone was shocked a 300hp advertised motor made that much power.
      Anyway, Marty and Jeff are excited to tune the truck tomorrow morning. They are scratching my back and I'm pimping Mo' Speed Shop. Lol
      I just want to say the No Limit Engineering chassis is super awesome. The bed fits to the cab nice and tight. There was a big gap with the stock chassis. I forgot to mention when the truck was on 4 jack stands while on a creeper I accidentally pushed a jack stand out of place. Once I got past the freaked out mode thinking the truck is going to fall on me, I played around sliding the stands out.
      My floor in my shop is pretty unlevel and I could nearly slide 2 stands out from under the truck on opposite corners! I love this chassis! The QA1 MOD shocks are very nice too. QA1 send me another set of valves to go in the shocks for USCA a week from Friday!
      I kinda stepped my goals up. Originally, my goal was Motorama but now Its Daytona in 10 days. I have a little more assembling but I will make it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      basically a full new build. (not the original plan, but you know how it goes)
      Funny how that works...

Joe

Awesome truck!
      John Brown
      1971 Nova - Project Car
      1990 Silverado - Ridetech StreetGRIP
      Instagram @wilwaxu
      Facebook @wilwaxu

The shocks and chassis are incredible. I'm down on power. It made 496 to the tires. OUSCA in 3 days!

I made it to Daytona Ultimate street car Association.
      I had alot of issues. No reverse lights, no horn and no 4 way flashers. That was minor.
      The ECM shut down because of a possible short in the engine harness. The supercharger bypass was stuck open so I was down on power. It made 496 to the tires with 11 psi of boost.
      That was all straightened out and were working on the tuneup now. I'm still expecting 700rwhp.

What's a first event without some hiccups? Haha. Congrats on getting it together so fast! I've always wanted to run on Daytona.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      What's a first event without some hiccups? Haha. Congrats on getting it together so fast! I've always wanted to run on Daytona.
      That's right. I knew to expect problems. Some are sorted and some persistent. The good news is, It makes way too much horsepower for autox! Can't believe I just said that.
      Rob MacGregor and Keith Crogan both drove it. The power delivery is insane right off idle and goes straight up to 6K rpms. It's definitely making 700hp to the tires and maybe more. The reason for only 496hp was I had the boost bypass valve misadjusted which was only allowing 11 psi of boost. I readjusted the bypass valve and replaced the bypass actuator to match my cams already low vacuum and that put me at about 15psi. Maybe 16 psi.
      Then I switched the blower pulley from a 3 inch to 2.75 inch pulley. It's taken me and my tuner up til now to get the tune sorted out. We started over twice. Friday night he told me to record data in 3rd gear from 2K to 6K rpms..
      Oh my gosh!!! It pulled so hard I was afraid the driveshaft was going to twist into a pretzel. Lol
      I wasn't expecting it to go from one tune that felt good to the next tune slightly scarring me
      Rob told me I have to do something about the hard and sudden hit of power. That a great problem to have😁
      Now the not so great problem to have. My power steering system has gave me issues from the very beginning. The pump has had a whine since I first started the new engine.
      Cruising around it did fine but at Daytona and Atlanta Motor Speedway it's puked ps fluid every time at high rpms. The past 2 days its been busting ps lines over and over again. Yea, it busted the hard lines on the steering rack too. The ps feed hose to the pump gets so hot, it melted the resivor.
      I drove it to the track this weekend. On my way home I smelled something so I pulled over and found the fittings melted loose from the resivor. I was tired, sore and broke so I said screw it, Im driving it home. As long as the pump doesn't lock up Im okay. Now I know the pump is toast.
      I spent the morning washing the chassis up and I'm about to take the whole power steering system off. It's all shot.
      Rob said he would make me a aluminum resivor. I'm going to make a big and long return line. Probably go with bigger pressure hoses too.
      I emailed KRC to see if he has a possible budget pump or a valve kit I can install in a reman pump.
      This little 4.6 revs fast and fairly high. Im afraid the fluid flow is too much?

I forgot to mention, even thou the power delivery is too much, I discovered running the entire course in second gear was better. I wasn't thinking and accidentally shifted to 2nd gear and decided to stay in 2nd. It was much more tame and still had enough power to break the 335 rivals loose on demand. I love it!

Too much power, what a problem to have... Too cool, hope to see it in optima's coverage...

Joe

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com