Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Frank ZX View Post
      Long story short, I cut the firewall flange off way back then to move the engine back as far as possible.
      Funny you mentioned that. I was just looking at the same thing on mine wondering if it was worth the effort to cut it off. Got any photos of how you did it?

'95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Funny you mentioned that. I was just looking at the same thing on mine wondering if it was worth the effort to cut it off. Got any photos of how you did it?
      I'll take a picture where I cut the flange today for you.

Here's another blast from the past and before I discovered autocross. It was naturally aspirated, 281 cu inches and made 332hp to the tires. It was slow but sounded good.
      I was spanking my buddies stroked windsors. Lol
      Attached Images Attached Images      

I forgot to mention I had nitrous on my truck at one time too. I hated waiting on the bottle getting up to temperature especially in the winter. I had every automatic nitrous piece their was, window switch, bottle pressure switch, WOT switch, etc.. I still didn't like waiting. The supercharger was awesome, is awesome. BTW, Department of Boost is sending it next week. I think the intake manifold is going to be red and the blower white. Red, white and blue motor!
      We'll see how it looks. It maybe hideous but then again, it's a in your face truck. Lol J/K.
      Check out the red bench seat. It looked good but it was dangerous. My wife said there's nothing to hold on to while we were driving on some curves.
      Then I switched to a set of BMW bucket seats. Not much better and extremely heavy. They were from a 750i. Best I remember there were 17 electric motors per seat and 2 ecms per seat! I stripped everything out but they were still very heavy.
      3rd seats and what I'm reusing is the Corbeau Forza. I love these. I know there's better seats out there but this is the best I know of. Its sites much more low and aggressive.
      I had 2 stereo amps under the seats. There not going back in so that means I'm putting the seats right on the floor.
      I'm hoping for the perfect ergonomics.

SBeck09,
      Here's a picture of the firewall where I cut the flange off.
      It's only the drivers side flange that's in the way of moving the engine aft.
      Is it worth the effort to move the engine back 1 inch? Probably not but the way I see things is improving this a little bit and improving that a little bit before you know it you have a pick up truck that works pretty good so I say it's worth it

Here is the flange removed.

I could spend weeks getting this thing perfect but ultimately it's a driver. I've spent my entire day getting the firewall and drivers door area as clean as possible.
      It's not perfect but then again this is a driver/racer.
      Bodywork isn't hard at all, it's time consuming.
      If your lazy, you'd better hire someone. I now know why a professional paint and body shop would quote $10K to paint a vehicle.

Golden Monkey vs Franklin F100. I always win;)

Bodywork

Maybe like this

I love the red, white, and blue color idea for the motor!!! 'Murica colors never look bad when it comes to car parts. Haha.

Firewall is looking really nice as well. Should help that V8 beast pop. Hopefully mine comes out about as good.

Thanks for the flange pics. Looks like you just stitched it together and seam sealed it? I'll probably do that too, but I want to see how the bell housing fits first. I might be cutting more than just that.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      I love the red, white, and blue color idea for the motor!!! 'Murica colors never look bad when it comes to car parts. Haha.

Firewall is looking really nice as well. Should help that V8 beast pop. Hopefully mine comes out about as good.

Thanks for the flange pics. Looks like you just stitched it together and seam sealed it? I'll probably do that too, but I want to see how the bell housing fits first. I might be cutting more than just that.
      That right, I just welded it together and smeared some seam sealer on.
      Your bell housing will fit fine. The back of the head is what will contact the firewall flange first.
      I had thought about cutting more of the firewall and getting it under the windshield but that's alot more work plus legroom is already limited.

I got the firewall painted. Turned out pretty good for a newbie painter.

Nice! The paint and body work is the part of my build that scares me the most!

Quote Originally Posted by bbalch404 View Post
      Nice! The paint and body work is the part of my build that scares me the most!
      It scares me too. Lol
      I've used a gallon of primer and 1/2 gallon of body filler on just the cab. No it's not full of filler, it's just my learning curve. I've wasted alot of material learning.
      There maybe 2 cups of body filler on the cab and the primer is thin where I've sanded so much.
      I think it will look decent

I love where and how this build is going.
      Some people (probably not here) might deride the "cheap wheels" but my experience with two sets of XXR's on street beaters has been very favorable.
      They've seen plenty of rough roads, potholes, etc. Conditions I probably wouldn't want to subject a pricey set of Forgelines to, even though they're stronger.
      Are your Forzas fixed or do they have sliders? I need to make some interior / ergonomic decisions fairly soon.
      I say go for it on the engine setback. The more the better.
      Keep on truckin'!

Body work is time consuming. I painted my C10 last winter. Pulled out all the dents and dings with a stud puller. Then skim coated everything and sanded 99% of that off. Then a coat of sprayable polyester filler. Sanded most of that off. The then two rounds of 2K primer. First one sanded with 180 and the second sanded with 320. Previous to this I'd never done any body work before. I was being supervised at a local body shop. It's funny how the professional body guys make it look easy. It's hard dusty work.

Good luck with your project.

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaZ View Post
      Some people (probably not here) might deride the "cheap wheels" but my experience with two sets of XXR's on street beaters has been very favorable.
      They've seen plenty of rough roads, potholes, etc. Conditions I probably wouldn't want to subject a pricey set of Forgelines to, even though they're stronger.
      Are your Forzas fixed or do they have sliders? I need to make some interior / ergonomic decisions fairly soon.
      Keep on truckin'!
      Thanks! The XXR are decent but ultimately I'm doing alot of upgrades so nice wheels are on hold for the moment.
      I have a set of Enkei RPF1 I just bought over the summer.
      I'm changing wheel bolt pattern from 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 4 3/4.

Quote Originally Posted by 79 Camaro View Post
      Body work is time consuming. I painted my C10 last winter. Pulled out all the dents and dings with a stud puller. Then skim coated everything and sanded 99% of that off. Then a coat of sprayable polyester filler. Sanded most of that off. The then two rounds of 2K primer. First one sanded with 180 and the second sanded with 320. Previous to this I'd never done any body work before. I was being supervised at a local body shop. It's funny how the professional body guys make it look easy. It's hard dusty work.

Good luck with your project.
      Thanks! My buddy has gave me pointers here and there.
      I have the upmost respect for a real painter.
      I got the cab sprayed tonight. It was getting late and the fumes were making me kinda sick feeling so I shut it down for the night. Yes, I had a respirator with new filter on. Lol
      I snapped a couple pics before I came inside from my shop. Its satin black so it looks to have a very slight texture. Not orange peel but kinda like sandpaper.
      Maybe it will look different in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaZ View Post
      Keep on truckin'!
      Oh, the Forzas are fixed but they are on Corbeau sliders and adjustable lumbar support.
      You have a few options when ordering from Corbeau.
      They sit really nice.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com