Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: T56 Magnum

T56 Magnum

Evening all.

I'm going to convert my 68 C10 from manual T56 LS to auto.

So here is what I have for for sale.

1. T56 Magnum wide ratio.
      2. LS7 clutch, pressure plate and flywheel.
      3. LS1 slave cylinder.
      4. LS bell housing.
      5. 3/4" Wilwood master cylinder.
      6. Tick speed bleeder.
      7. Clutch line.

The trans works perfect. I have all receipts.

So if bought new today the above parts would cost about $4400

My price is $3700. May not work with shipping costs. I'm in central MN. Will not split up.

PM me with any questions.

Just FYI.

I've had a number of PM's about the trans and shipping costs. I have the original T56 shipping box. Tomorrow I will take it down to the UPS office and see if they can ship. If not it's truck freight which won't be as cheap. When I bought it from Summit the trans came truck freight and was about $100 IIRC.

Also I should of said in the original post that I won't be removing the trans until mid-Dec. So if you are going to buy the trans I would accept a small down payment and then full payment prior to shipment.

Again FYI.

Back from the UPS office today and they confirmed that the trans can be shipped via UPS. BUT it's not cheap. With $3500 insurance to the west coast or east coast or Atlanta or Dallas it would be about $250. He couldn't give me a firm price because even though I brought the original shipping box the UPS scale can only give firm pricing with the exact weight in the box. Now add the shipping cost of the all the other parts it may not be a great deal unless I can meet someone in MN to eliminate the shipping costs.

Regards,

Country Flag: United States
      I ship a lot of stuff through fastenal it’s a lot cheaper than ups. I shipped a fully dressed 540 motor from east coast to San Antonio for 215$

Thanks for the tip. I going to try them on Monday.

Shipped a Muncie from Florida to Ohio using Fastnal and it was $155

$250 actually is not a bad rate. You can also look into DHL or Fedex, UPS is traditionally higher. Summit only ships so cheap because of volume. It is a wide ratio so it’s not as popular as the close ratio.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Another vote for Fastenal. Cheap, but definitely not quick. You ship it from your nearest Fastenal and it stops at every Fastenal en route to it's final destination. Good cheap service, just don't expect it too quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Another vote for Fastenal. Cheap, but definitely not quick. You ship it from your nearest Fastenal and it stops at every Fastenal en route to it's final destination. Good cheap service, just don't expect it too quickly!

That would make me super nervous...Are they actually shipping as a way to generate revenue? I mean...What if they lose it? Break it? Gets stolen? Does Fastenal have a insurance policy for shipping items?
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      That would make me super nervous...Are they actually shipping as a way to generate revenue? I mean...What if they lose it? Break it? Gets stolen? Does Fastenal have a insurance policy for shipping items?
      Yes they insure it as long as it’s in a enclosed boxed.

I do have the original shipping box and the cardboard dividers that came with the trans. I would not ship it with out insurance unless the buyer would want to save the $50 it would cost. I would have to have that in writing from the buyer.
      All the other parts could be shipped UPS or USPS without a problem.

Got to Fastenal today. They gave me a price of $200 with insurance to either the east or west coast. They said Dallas or Atlanta would be a bit less. South Florida a bit more.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com