Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Dakota Digital - C-

I've waited to post this for a month so hoping my issue would be resolved, but no luck so far. I have a set of Dakota Digital HDX gauges in my 1969 Camaro, and I've had mixed results with them.

On the plus side:
      • I like the aesthetic, and they have a ton of great features and options for displaying information.
      • They also "should" work with a variety of different inputs.

On the negative side:
      • The speedo and tach do not sweep smoothly. It's not extremely noticeable, but there are times when the speedo and/or tach are a little notchy when sweeping across the gauge. I was told by their tech support that this is because the gauge has two different rates that it uses to move the needles, and it will sometimes switch between them causing the needle to not move smoothly.
      • The oil pressure gauge does not work with the Holley BIM. The gauge should read oil pressure off the CAN bus from my Holley ECU. It doesn't work, and I've been working with their tech support for over a month and a half to get it resolved with no end in sight. My first email to tech support was September 17th.
      • Quality control is a little lacking - the first BIM I got was DOA. That sort of thing happens, but it's still frustrating.

My biggest complaint is how slow their tech support is to respond, and how they don't seem well informed. We only tried a handful of troubleshooting items (most of which I did on my own like swap the cable, power it off/on, etc.), we had to go to an "engineer." With every incremental step it takes days to get a response. And at this point I'm asked to try things that we've already done (repeatedly).

Very frustrated with the product and tech support. If I find another similar product I will probably move to something else. When the gauges work, they really do a nice job, but when they don't you're pretty well on your own.
      Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com