Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hello, new member

Hi, how ya doing? I found this site looking for suspension information for an upcoming project. From what I've seen, this is where the suspension experts hang out.

Welcome.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Welcome aboard and what car you have? maybe picture ?

I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota SXT that I picked up a couple of weeks ago, and is what I plan to build as a "forever car" kind of thing. I'm going to be giving the truck a complete overhaul to make it a road racing beast. It'll be getting a GM Gen 5 engine (something I can tune myself, EFI Live is a wonderful tool) backed with an 8 speed auto (I have a bad left knee). I'm thinking I might stroke a 6.2L into a 427. Of course, the factory suspension won't hold up to something like this which is what brought me here. I have a thread in the truck suspension area which details more of what I'm looking for. There are a number of other things I plan to do to the truck to get a better weight balance for the truck.

I realize this isn't the sort of rig people think about as a builder, but it suits my needs exactly. I prefer trucks to cars, I'm too large for a full size reg cab, full size ext cabs are too big and heavy, my wife doesn't like S10s because of how small they are, so a Dakota seemed like a nice balance. Plus I flat out like how these trucks look.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com