Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

I hope you guys don't mind an import hanging around :)

About to get cracking on a 1972 240z coupe shortly. LS1, t56, looking to do c5 suspension all around, with a cantilever setup in the back for the coilover (or performance bag setup). Car will have an 8.50 cage setup in it as 1/4 mile tracks are the most prevalent in this region.

I honestly don't see that many Z's going down the path I want to do with this car. Most are either traditional sticking to their lineage, or show queens with catfish body kits and the such. Exterior wise I still want to stick with the mostly stock body, obviously going to need fender flares with the corvette suspension. Inside it should have every new age creature comfort aside from ABS and air bags. I'd like to go to electric power steering, and I've already found electric AC kits which should be fine for such a small car, and will leave the engine bay wide open for future snails.

Found this site researching people that had transplanted c5 suspension in their resto mods, and while I don't feel a Nissan is the first thing you'd think to find on a site like this, I think I'm going to get more information and knowledge from this site then any Z site out there, and resto-mods and pro-touring cars are by far my favorite of the bunch these days. I've yet to be able to get into the rat rods and stuff.

Bit of background.... I've grown up around street rods and muscle cars my entire life. My father has had more playtoys then some people own regular cars in their life time. 23 t-bucket, 23 c-cab, 31 model, 32 ford coupe, 37 ford phaeton, 67 duster, road runner back in the day but I don't know the year. He doesn't actually know it at this point, but one of the reasons I'm excited about this is some of the street rod/muscle car events would accept an american powered import, like goodguys from what I was reading. No real expectations it would win anything, but it gives me a car I love and also lets me spend some time with him and his cars at an event.

I'll have to setup a bit of a build thread, because the beginning stages of this are hopefully going to go rather fast. The car I picked up is almost rust free at this point, the previous owner had been doing a restoration and it's already on a rotisserie and all. There's a totaled firebird sitting in the other bay that I still have to rip it's drive train out of, and the corvette front and rear suspension cradles and all just got delivered today. I still need to decide on a rear end and a steering rack, as I think looking at the numbers this suspension is going to have to get narrowed about 4" total so the 18 x 12's will fit in the back. I need to stop buying things though as I can barely move in the garage at this point :(

Country Flag: United States
      Sounds like an interesting build, start a thread and post lots of pictures, we like pictures! there's no shortage of information here

Welcome to the site! As James said, get started with a build thread. Build threads drive more content and collaboration than any other thing around here.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing this built!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

There shall be plenty of pictures and video to boot. Part of my expenses was a new gopro 7 black so I can shoot 4k/60, slomo, time lapse and more.

I've never documented that many of my other cars, and after having to take a break from cars in general for 12 years or so, I'm not making that mistake again.

Besides, nothing better then letting thousands of people nitpick your every decision right?

Country Flag: Canada
      Welcome, nobody cares what you build here as long as it's cool, fun and safe.
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com