Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

VaporWorx - Huge Thank You!

I probably have more calls and emails to Carl than I can count. Carl took the time each time to answer them without hesitation. I broke my fitting off my CTS-V lid and Carl was able to help me exchange it out for a modified version he had.

Without question Carl/vaporworx has amazing customer service and a killer product.

Thank you for the kind words Nick.

We just try to treat others the same way we would like to be.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Yeah, him and Hector at Rick's tanks make it pretty easy to get what you need.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Adding to the OP, I was on an east coast trip in my '68 Camaro two weeks ago when a bone headed decision I made years ago wiring my car rose up to bite me. I'd used the original ignition feed from the basic car harness to provide a 12VDC feed to the LS3 ECM AND (here's the bone headed part) to a windshield washer pump. The car had been running flawlessly until I triggered the pump somewhere in Vermont, blew the fuse and drifted to the side of the road with no power. I had no check engine light in the car and no data to the OBDII port, so I suspected that a fuse in the ECM harness had blown. They all, of course, checked out fine.

Although I had a vaporworx fuel pump system in the car, I didn't think I had any fuel issues, but I still called Carl as a person who was intimately familiar with the LS platform and knew that he might be able to help me figure out what was wrong with the car. After listening to my symptoms, Carl reminded me that the ECM needed the 12VDC feed from the car harness and that quickly led to the blown ignition fuse in the car fuse block. After replacing the fuse, I got a good check engine light and thought I was home free. It turned out that something in the original failure or my trouble shooting killed the Vaporworx controller in the car. I called Carl again. After some troubleshooting we determined that the fuel pump controller was dead. Carl told me I could jump the controller to get to my next destination AND FedEx'd a replacement controller and custom harness (I was an early adapter) to me which I received the following morning. I installed the new controller and finished the trip with no further issues.

I simply can't say enough about how helpful Carl was, initially on a problem that was in no way fuel related. This isn't just customer service, it is going to extraordinary lengths to help a fellow pro-tourer stuck on the side of the road who happened to have one of Carl's products installed in his car.
      Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

Mike,

Thank you for the kind words.

BTW, the original controller seems to be working fine. It's been turning on/off for several thousand cycles with no issues. Something really odd on the trigger input may have been going on causing the controller not to turn on. I'll perform some overheat/overload tests to make sure all is okay, but so far it has a clean bill of health.

I had some trouble getting the replacement controller working, so maybe a wiring glitch/weak contact in the car. The single trigger wire didn't want to make good contact with the controller.
      Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

If the trigger wire voltage falls to 9.5 - 10v the controller turns off. One does not want to drive a fuel pump with low system voltage + lean condition.

Though not recommended as a long-term solution, for testing a simple ignition wire can be used on the trigger wire. The ECM fuel pump enable should be used as the normal operation trigger since it will shut down the fuel system when the crank sensor = 0 RPM.

As for making a good contact, let's upgrade your connectors to the sealed GT150 Delphi parts.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com