Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

C3 Pro-Touring light project

Hey all,
      I've been lurking on the board for a few years. I'm a 20 year amateur roadracer/track day junkie who spent much of that time in the torqueless wonders that are rotary powered RX7's. After spending some time with the optima Ultimate street car events, my old love of bowties was rekindled. I ended up with a car that is too nice to really call a project, but not quite what I want for a finished toy.

1969 C3 Corvette. It has a smattering of good stuff. Aluminum heads, big lumpy roller cam, old Projection III set up, TKO-500 conversion, assorted susupension bits from Vette Brakes. It needs some details, tweaking, a little better suspension, a different wheel and tire package and a small brake update. I'm on the fence about the sidepipes..they might stay, but I'm 59.73% at selling them for traditional rear exhaust and proper headers.

Jim

Thanks to all for the info I've learned so far and I look forward to becoming a little more active both on the board and in the garage.Name:  44661679_10218402780321284_2291542756687872000_o.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  218.6 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Awesome built-to-be and a great starting point.
      I had an FC3s couple of years ago in Australia, I really miss the sound of it. Even though I love my camaro it would be hard to turn down a clean FD still.

Awesome - looking forward to hearing progress. I just posted my very similar project, a 1971 Camaro old school resto mod that's part way there to Pro-Touring.
      Sounds like we have similar end-game goals.

I didn't mention, but I'm also a former track day junkie, SCCA Autox and NASA club racer with drag racing in my roots before all that.
      But have been out of that game for 10+ years as we put 2 kids through private high school and then college.
      Not really looking to get back into it, but maybe could see hitting up an autox event or track day in my 71 at some point down the road.

That's one killer garage - I love it. Where are you based? I'm in Northern CA.

Cheers.

Slimjim..The FD will always be on my shortlist. I've searched several times, but have never found the right car at the right price at a time when I had the money. This little FC is pretty fun though. T04 hybrid turbo. Decent suspension and sub-3000 lbs makes it a lot of fun

C4racer2..I saw your Camaro post before I posted this. Beautiful car. I used to have a 68 RS Z/28 that some old guy (Dick Guldstrand) helped me set up. I wanted to replace that car, but the 1st gen Camaros are crazy. I ended up with a nice Corvette for less money than a nice Camaro. It made sense this time around. Thanks for the comment on the garage. I'm in Central Florida and it's nice to have a good place to be able to work on and enjoy my passion/obsession

I've had two first gens as well and was leaning towards doing a 2nd gen this time around and even toying with the C3 idea.
      I looked at both first and 2nd gens and you see where I ended up.
      I agree the first gens are going for silly money, or at least the owners are asking silly money for them. I decided to go with something new to me.
      2nd gen is an overall better starting point for a handling car anyway - the stock style suspension is pretty good, where with a gen1 you basically have to replace everything. My last one had a full front subframe with C5 components and 90's vette LT1 type EFI motor.

Welcome! Looking forward to see where this one goes!
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vette427-sbc View Post
      Welcome! Looking forward to see where this one goes!
      thank you!!

It'll be nice, but not a $100k build like some. I can't afford to toss that kind of car around like I want to. I've got lots of laps at Daytona and Sebring and hope to add a few more in the C3. It will still be streetable with functioning AC.

Quote Originally Posted by jimco84x View Post
      thank you!!

It'll be nice, but not a $100k build like some. I can't afford to toss that kind of car around like I want to. I've got lots of laps at Daytona and Sebring and hope to add a few more in the C3. It will still be streetable with functioning AC.
      The coolest ones are the ones that get driven the most
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

nice car, what color is it?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com