Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hybrid C6 Z51 and Wilwood Brakes

I have a 68 Camaro that I have upgraded the engine, transmission and suspension to work great, but my brakes are mostly stock (72 Z71 disc front, drum rear) and suck!

My engine has a really high lift cam that doesn't provide much vacuum, so I recently switched to manual brakes with Wilwood 7/8 master, which improved the feel, consistency and stopping distance some, but not as much as I would have liked.

I have reviewed several threads on the different brake options like this one.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...=wilwood+aero6

I was originally planning to just switch over to a C6 Z51 setup from Kore3, but after reading the thread above they may not improve things as much as I would have hoped.

I also looked at Wilwoods AERO6 Big Brake kit, but the 14" rotors won't clear my 18" Fiske wheels.

My plan it to do a hybrid, but I wanted to double check to see if there are any flaws in my plan before pulling the trigger.

Front

Rear

Thoughts?

Country Flag: United States
      After emailing back and forth with Tobin, I'm going to go with the C6 Z51 340/330 setup. I'm not using the car for any kind of hard core racing and it seems like this setup should work fine for the occasional auto-x and HPDE. Not to mention it will save me a lot of money in the short-term.

If this doesn't work out I'll probably later try to upgrade to a full floater (https://millerbuiltusa.com/chevy-1012-bolt-base-kit/) and Wilwood calipers, but my guess is that it will be just fine. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Did you get this installed ? How did it work out ?

1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com